Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cut Down To 75

Cut Down To 75

Teams must be down to 75 by 3:00 PM Tuesday.

WR Ed Williams cut today.

Other Likely cuts?

Tyler Kuder
    Lucas Patrick
    Beniquez Brown
    Jermaine Whitehead
    Mitchell Henry (Injury settlement)
    Casey Pierce
    Harvey Binford
    Jamel Johnson
    Herb Waters
    Jacob Flores
    Randall Jette
    Warren Gatewood

Blog Entries
    I'd say that looks like a good list.

Other first-cut candidates:
    Derrick Matthews ILB
    Demetrius Anderson DL
    Kyle Steuck - OL
    Alstevis Squirewell - FB

Maybe Dorleant gets IR'd. I haven't read or heard any updates on Elliott's injury. It doesn't seem like the Banjo and Crockett injuries make them IR candidates...

Kuder/Anderson, Patrick, Whitehead, Waters, Squirewell would seem to be leading PS prospects from the group.

How is Ripkowski's knee? They might have to keep Squirewell at least until the last cut.

How many of the DL will they have to keep for the last exhibition game? Daniels, Guion and Clark aren't likely to play. Pennel will probably play a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    How is Ripkowski's knee? They might have to keep Squirewell at least until the last cut.

How many of the DL will they have to keep for the last exhibition game? Daniels, Guion and Clark aren't likely to play. Pennel will probably play a lot.
    I agree Squirewell probably makes this cut because of Rip's injury. Tough call though with some of these guys. You'd rather not play guys you know are going to get cut because if they get hurt you'll have to give them an injury settlement.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Teams must be down to 75 by 3:00 PM Tuesday.

WR Ed Williams cut today.

Other Likely cuts?

Tyler Kuder
    Lucas Patrick
    Beniquez Brown
    Jermaine Whitehead
    Mitchell Henry (Injury settlement)
    Casey Pierce
    Harvey Binford
    Jamel Johnson
    Herb Waters
    Jacob Flores
    Randall Jette
    Warren Gatewood
    I'd Steuck and somebody else instead of Kuder and Patrick. I've heard reports that Kuder and Patrick have done well enough that they are PS candidates.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Blog Entries
    The Green Bay Packers have released DT Demetris Anderson, CB Randall Jette, WR Jamel Johnson, LB Derrick Mathews, P Peter Mortell and WR Ed Williams. The transactions were announced Monday by Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson.

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...#ixzz4Ik9OEiZx

By all accounts, Mortell was doing well enough to warrant a longer look. I wonder if they are letting him catch on with another team looking for a punter?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    By all accounts, Mortell was doing well enough to warrant a longer look. I wonder if they are letting him catch on with another team looking for a punter?
    He has the leg. But he needs hang time.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He has the leg. But he needs hang time.
    Yep. No hang time is a bad thing, especially with coverage units that are down a couple of key players and were suspect to begin with. He wasn't going to make it, so time to cut bait.

They may have to trade up to get a punter next year.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

mortell was the only name that surprised today.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post

They may have to trade up to get a punter next year.
    OMG, please......NOOOOOOOO!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
    OMG, please......NOOOOOOOO!!!!

GMTA

I am puzzled by Jyrone Elliot's lack of production. I wonder if he just hasn't learned any new moves, or if he's been hurt, or what. I thought the guy had potential to start. But now he might not even make the team.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 1h1 hour ago
    I can confirm @RobDemovsky's report that TE Kennard Backman (knee) is being waived injured. He was a 6th-round pick in 2015. #Packers
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I am puzzled by Jyrone Elliot's lack of production. I wonder if he just hasn't learned any new moves, or if he's been hurt, or what. I thought the guy had potential to start. But now he might not even make the team.
    Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 16h16 hours ago
    Moss on J. Elliott: Got off to a great start. Maybe stats (not great), I believe in him and what he can do. I’m patient.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Is there any reason to look at other teams DT's who have been released as a stop gap until Pennel returns in week 4? I would not even consider it but clark has been injured for a bit and i keep getting J Harrell flashbacks....

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Is there any reason to look at other teams DT's who have been released as a stop gap until Pennel returns in week 4? I would not even consider it but clark has been injured for a bit and i keep getting J Harrell flashbacks....
    I'm sure they are being looked at, but do any teams have an over abundance of NT's?
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    I'm sure they are being looked at, but do any teams have an over abundance of NT's?
    Terence Knighton, anyone? http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...D=ansmsnnews11

We are thin at DL with injuries and suspensions. He's proven.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Terence Knighton, anyone? http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...D=ansmsnnews11

We are thin at DL with injuries and suspensions. He's proven.
    Sounds like the guy might be done. NE already payed him $650K on a $2.05M contract, so money shouldn't have been a factor. I did find this:

Knighton’s release Monday morning was not the result of a lack of effort on the 30-year-old’s part, Belichick said, but rather the simple fact that other players had outperformed him. “He came in, worked hard, lost weight, got in good condition, tried to do the things we asked him to do,” the Patriots coach said. “(There were) just other people ahead of him.”

Knighton struggled against the Chicago Bears in the Patriots’ second preseason game and did not play a single snap in the third, a 19-17 win over the Carolina Panthers on Friday. Projected as a potential key contributor on New England’s defensive line, Knighton instead tumbled down the depth chart as the likes of Anthony Johnson, Vincent Valentine and Markus Kuhn put forth strong performances in training camp and the preseason.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2016/08/bill-belichi...idnt-work-out/

Blog Entries
    Today's moves to get to 75.

Ted also traded Lerentee McCray to Buffalo for an undisclosed 2018 draft pick.
    Last edited by vince; 08-30-2016 at 12:24 PM.