Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Bridge has Fallen

CutlerquitRat HOFer

The Bridge has Fallen

Teddy just went down in practice. Sounds SERIOUS. Stopped practice, ambulance and the whole nine yards.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Blame pb, he mentioned injury and Bridgewater in a post.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

That sucks, Bridgewater was just starting to be a player. When I first saw the headline, I thought of that I-35 bridge collapse in ..... Siri says 2007.

Joel Stave to the rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Blame pb, he mentioned injury and Bridgewater in a post.
    And he JUST DID THAT this afternoon, I think.

Holy cow, PB. You better watch how you wield them powers.

Say, howza bout a post on Roger Goodell's health?

Ras, that news sucks for you. Sorry. You know I think Bridgewater's the real thing.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    ACL out for the season.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

I'm confused at what this could be? Non-contact injury that requires an ambulance, the usual ones, ACLs and MCLs can be painful, but don't generally require paramedics. Where are they practicing, is it on turf? Could he have gotten a cleat caught in the carpet and broke his leg?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Maybe we can trade Hundley to them.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    REALLY hope the don't get Kaepernick

I never delight at hearing that someone/anyone has suffered an injury. Athletes accept that they may be injured and continue to pursue their dreams. Whenever a key player goes down, it diminishes not only their team, but the entire league .

As we await the official report on Teddy Bridgewater, let us not forget that the same thing can happen to any player , on Any team. May luck continue to smile upon GB this season and get well soon Teddy Bridgewater .

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Zimmer giving good press conference. I can see why players like him.
    Last edited by HowardRoark; 08-30-2016 at 05:06 PM.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Cake schedule. Now the only real threat in the division has lost their starting QB.

No pressure here Pack, but don't fuck this up!!

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    REALLY hope the don't get Kaepernick
    Why? Kapp won't be able to learn their O in 10 days. Gets rid of any real passing threat. Zimmer aND Co are not going to put in the read option.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Vikings will still get a wildcard

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    ACL out for the season.

I see you continue to make shit up out of thin air.

It sounds a whole lot worse than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    And he JUST DID THAT this afternoon, I think.

Holy cow, PB. You better watch how you wield them powers.

Say, howza bout a post on Roger Goodell's health?

Ras, that news sucks for you. Sorry. You know I think Bridgewater's the real thing.

Yea, not top tier but was really coming along. As always, the football gods bend me over. This year earlier than most.

At least they have a good running game and a defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Maybe we can trade Hundley to them.
    Maybe they have other plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Maybe they have other plans.

Until he dies, I guess that's always an option!

I was just googling Vikings 53 to see the likely depth chart at QB, and up first was this prediction that a guy posted yesterday:

QB (2):

In: Teddy Bridgewater, Shaun Hill

Cut: Joel Stave

Reasoning: I think the Vikes will only go with two until Taylor Heinicke is healthy, then add him to the active roster. But I give a tip of the cap to Joel Stave, who played much better than I had anticipated, well enough to land on a practice squad somewhere. But with Teddy entrenched and the Vikings fond of Heinicke, I don't think that somewhere will be in Minnesota. they could temporarily go with three, but I think they roll the dice and hope Teddy doesn't get hurt. I mean, if he does, everything sucks and the world ends anyways, and at that point I won't care if the Vikes have two or 20 QB's on the roster, because the one that matters won't be able to play and everything will be horrible.
    http://www.dailynorseman.com/2016/8/...ter-projection

"The injury was quickly identified as a dislocated knee. The injury was stabilized, and he was transported to a nearby hospital for treatment and evaluation. After undergoing an MRI, it was determined that *Teddy suffered a complete tear to his ACL and other structural damage.* Fortunately, there appears to be *no nerve or arterial damage.* Surgical repair will be scheduled within the next few days. Although the recovery time will be significant, we expect Teddy to make a full recovery. I would like to thank all of the medical professionals and our athletic training staff for all of their help today. Teddy has already displayed the attitude needed to overcome this injury and attack his rehab."

http://min.247sports.com/Bolt/Teddy-...ement-47067280