Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NFC North

Last edited by HowardRoark; 08-30-2016 at 03:35 PM.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

wow, how quickly a seasons outlook can change.

I really was expecting Bridgewater to be a top 10 to top 15 qb this year.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I can't predict Bridgewater to be incapacitated like I did Romo in the NFC East thread. Obviously, my prediction caused his injury.

Seems poor form to wish for Rastak's QB to be injured. So I predict only that he will be limited this year for a time in some form.
    Yikes. You are not a man to be trifled with. Please, please, please keep all thoughts about hypothetical Packer injuries to yourself this year. Don't even tell us who you think won't get injured. Just keep it to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
    That comes from the department of the truly strange.

I can't predict Bridgewater to be incapacitated like I did Romo in the NFC East thread. Obviously, my prediction caused his injury.

Seems poor form to wish for Rastak's QB to be injured. So I predict only that he will be limited this year for a time in some form.
    could you tell us your thoughts on cam newton and drew brees perhaps?

Also carson palmer and ryan wilson???

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I never wish an injury on any player. It is their livelihood, so I hope for the best.
    youll wish half the teamwas injured soon. They are still making the playoffs as a wildcard

PBMAX = KOD
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Frankly, I'm a little creeped out by pbmax right about now.

So am I.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Which Division are we previewing next?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Yikes. You are not a man to be trifled with. Please, please, please keep all thoughts about hypothetical Packer injuries to yourself this year. Don't even tell us who you think won't get injured. Just keep it to yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    could you tell us your thoughts on cam newton and drew brees perhaps?

Also carson palmer and ryan wilson???
    The Packer injuries have already happened, so they are pretty much in the clear I would think.

In order to appease the injury juju, we must keep same format. Must preview another Division first.

Holy crap. Knee dislocation AND torn ligaments on non contact.

The Minnesota Vikings were weeks away from pulling off one of the most difficult feats in modern sports. They built a beautiful new stadium and were set to christen it as a buzzy, legitimate Super Bowl contender. Teddy Bridgewater's season-ending knee dislocation and ACL tear on Tuesday changes all of that.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atn

I wonder if McGinn will come out with a column about how smart it was to sit Rodgers for the first two game?

On a more sour note, didn't their backup, Shaun Hill, pull a Paul Justina and beat the Packers in Detroit a while back?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I wonder if McGinn will come out with a column about how smart it was to sit Rodgers for the first two game?

On a more sour note, didn't their backup, Shaun Hill, pull a Paul Justina and beat the Packers in Detroit a while back?
    You have that backwards. McGinn can now write an article about how dumb it is that the Packers allow ARod to participate in non-contact drills.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer

Maybe on Det. I remember being at the game in GB where Det moved the ball at will but we held them to 6 FGs to win. Hill was the QB in that game.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Hill was a good backup for Detroit but that was three or four years ago. He's 36 or something like that now. I wonder if he can hold up for the entire year. I have to think the Vikings will be pursuing someone with starter potential, such as Kaepernick. I wonder what San Fran would want for him, knowing that the Vikings are desperate for a temporary starter.

Blog Entries
    Teddy B's injury is real bad. I heard a report from the practice that several Vike players got physically ill from just looking at the carnage of it.

That's too bad.

He's a good kid that works at it.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Hill was a good backup for Detroit but that was three or four years ago. He's 36 or something like that now. I wonder if he can hold up for the entire year. I have to think the Vikings will be pursuing someone with starter potential, such as Kaepernick. I wonder what San Fran would want for him, knowing that the Vikings are desperate for a temporary starter.
    Even if SF trades Kaepernick won't they have to pay $20 million dollars in dead money for that clown? I wouldn't mind MN getting him because he looked dreadful against us Friday night but I don't know if the 9ers can afford to dump him on somebody else.

Is it just coincidence that the CK talk about a trade to the Vikings was just happening the day before the injury?

Now it makes, sense, 2 days ago it made none. Did I miss some kind of time warp intervention?

Is it just coincidence that the CK talk about a trade to the Vikings was just happening the day before the injury?

Now it makes, sense, 2 days ago it made none. Did I miss some kind of time warp intervention?
    Miss it?

We thought you were in on it.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.