Thread: Masthay Released new punter claimed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    He was a "plus" player there for a few years, but he's really struggled the last two seasons, even as the coverage units have improved. Sad to see him go, I enjoyed his goofy ass trick plays.

Does anybody care who the punter is? They're barely part of the team. They give them a jersey from the Packer pro shop and some tiny fake shoulder pads. You know they'll be replaced by another interchangeable part as soon as they hit a slump. They are like hookers who move from team to team to team.

Punts are boring plays that you just want to get over with. I know they matter, but so do extra points and coin flips.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Does anybody care who the punter is? They're barely part of the team. They give them a jersey from the Packer pro shop and some tiny fake shoulder pads. You know they'll be replaced by another interchangeable part as soon as they hit a slump. They are like hookers who move from team to team to team.

Punts are boring plays that you just want to get over with. I know they matter, but so do extra points and coin flips.
    Next thing you know you'll be asking does anybody care who the long snapper is. They can play on the line in a pinch.
    Maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    He was a "plus" player there for a few years, but he's really struggled the last two seasons, even as the coverage units have improved. Sad to see him go, I enjoyed his goofy ass trick plays.
    Agreed. He was pretty awful two years ago and not as good as his stats last year. Before that, he was a pretty good punter. I believe his struggles started around the time his Dad died.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson