Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 53 Man Roster Prediction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I am mostly in agreement with HH. I agree with Patrick over Adams, there's no reason to spend a couple million on Adams. He hasn't distinguished himself over Patrick. In trying to keep the best talent regardless of position, Murphy could be cut to make room for a better talent at WR or DB. They should be able to get Murphy to the PS.

Without any info on the extent of injuries to Davis and even Banjo, its difficult to predict a couple of the spots. I'm thinking they will stash Davis on IR and give him a year to work on size and strength. With the WRs ahead of him, he wouldn't be active on game days anyway, so they might as well stash him on IR if they can.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them go with just Lacy and Starks at RB. They have often had just Lacy and Starks active on game days anyway. They might rather lockup another WR or DB than a runningback who is nothing special anyway and can be held on the practice squad for potential signing if/when Lacy or Starks gets dinged up.

I won't be surprised if they look for a blocking TE after all the cuts get in. Perillo doesn't really add much to the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I am mostly in agreement with HH.
    Always a wise course, but you must mean HW.

Blog Entries
    Yeah I could see them keeping only 2 RB's too, especially given Burks' loose handling of the football yet. Pretty sure he fumbled twice in his limited preseason action. He'll need to clean that up if he makes the squad or he'll be out of a job quickly. I think he has good vision and cut-back ability but you can't play if you can't secure the ball. That's his flag right now.

And like you said Patler, Burks isn't going to be in high demand on the waiver wire. Heck Dexter McCluster is out there right now. He'd be a great get for a third down back unless he's damaged goods. I'm assuming he was a victim of the numbers and the new pound-it style of play being implemented in TN.

Daniel was playing the dime corner and had those late crossing routes the Packers have huge trouble covering, as they run them through a double pick at midfield.

Gunter had some brutal plays in preseason and a couple of penalties. He might still be the octopus but his warts showed. I thought the young safeties played as well as the young, backup CBs.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Cutting Price surprises me slightly. TT must be fantasizing about another fat guy somewhere.

Daniel gone, Bradford gone. I wonder if Carl will end up back on the PS.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack