Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
It took an extraordinary set of circumstances to get beat in Seattle, and the Packers D had a hand in letting them convert. Not saying D is blameless. But you do lose some battles, its inevitable.

McCarthy possessed the power to limit possessions by gaining first downs. He chose the Schottenheimer method of run-run-run to maximize the guaranteed clock or TO run off and ignored probabilities. Any play action had a better than 70% chance of succeeding because the Seahawks were all in on stopping the run. Not to mention that their safety and CB were beaten up.

I am not blaming execution or play calling alone, I am also calling out horrendous 4 minute offense and clock management.

I can't agree that the Packers out-played the Cardinals except Packers D versus Cardinals O. Packers D was the only reason the game was in reach. The offense spent no time in Cardinals territory. When they got back down there, you take the opportunity. I agree hindsight in 20/20, but its a sound strategy regardless if your offense is anemic.

The Packer D in OT is another matter that should be addressed. I want to say it has failed uniformly and across the board. But that is just anger at the content of my own post speaking.
Except the Cardinals decided not to do the run-run-run method and it almost cost them the game. If GB went for 2 or won in OT, Arians is getting his butt chewed up and down for throwing away time to try for the 1st down.