Thread: Interesting McCarthy Stat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    When you are down multiple scores, you need more possessions more than you need more time. In a one possession game, then time and possession are much more equal.

McCarthy used an offensive strategy that by design gave them more possessions in exchange for less clock. Its a great end of game strategy. A terrible 8-, 6-, or 4-minute offensive strategy.
    I respectfully disagree on this. Literally, everything had to go wrong the last 7 minutes of the game for SEA to win and it did. To me that game was the 1 in 10,000 that you lose not the 9,999 that we should have won.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I respectfully disagree on this. Literally, everything had to go wrong the last 7 minutes of the game for SEA to win and it did. To me that game was the 1 in 10,000 that you lose not the 9,999 that we should have won.
    OK, ignore the Seattle disaster. How many other times has McCarthy and the 4 minute offense (usually employed weirdly from 4-8 minutes left, employing run-run-pass) allowed a multiple score lead to dwindle to a single score AND the team that was behind has possession at end of game?

The charge that he takes his foot off the gas has evidence behind it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    OK, ignore the Seattle disaster. How many other times has McCarthy and the 4 minute offense (usually employed weirdly from 4-8 minutes left, employing run-run-pass) allowed a multiple score lead to dwindle to a single score AND the team that was behind has possession at end of game?

The charge that he takes his foot off the gas has evidence behind it.
    I am not sure how many times he has or hasn't. It seems like a lot recently. There was the stretch where we couldn't win a close game but won 20+ games in a row by the 5 point margin and a Super Bowl.

I think with last year's offensive struggles certainly made it feel that way a lot.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston