Assuming everyone gets out of the last preseason game healthy, Davis and Allison will be cut and both will be brought back to the practice squad. They have often carried at least two WRs on the practice squad.

Has Davis done much of anything since they got into pads? Not as a receiver, maybe as a kick returner, but right now the Packers don't have a real need for a kick returner. They have Montgomery, Hyde, Abbrederis and Janis for that, as well as Cobb if they chose to. Davis' speed makes him interesting, but I don't think he has done anything to encourage any team to keep him on their 53 man roster. The Packers lose him only if he decides he wants to be somewhere other than GB, as I think he will get practice squad opportunities elsewhere.

Allison is one of the feel good stories from this training camp, but has he really taken a roster spot away from Adams, Montgomery, Abbrederis or Janis? Doubtful. Has he been so good on film that another team is going to give him a roster spot? No body liked him enough 4 months ago to even draft him. A couple receptions in preseason aren't enough to reverse those opinions so much as to give him a roster spot more or less blindly. The only thing that could change this is if he goes nuts on Thursday and has a monster game of some sort. He may have more PS opportunities than Davis, so could go somewhere else if he wants to.

Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Montgomery, Abbrederis and Janis each provide things different from the others, except for Cobb and Montgomery, who are somewhat the same. Just before Montgomery was hurt last year, we saw the Packers using both at the same time, presenting some interesting options. Having both isn't duplication, it opens new opportunities. Since each can take snaps in the backfield, the third RB can remain inactive for game days. Since only one FB will be active, they should be able to carry all six WRs on game days.

TT will want to keep all 8 in GB, and the chance of doing so is actually quite good, I think. Therefore, he will have little motivation to trade a WR.