I was at work today ripping through some tweets taking a short respite and I ran across this tweet.

Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) tweeted at 4:06 PM on Mon, Sep 12, 2016:
Sources inside the Packers locker room tell me the Josh Sitton situation was "combustible at best." A confrontation w/Clinton-Dix got racial
(https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/s...674498560?s=09)
I emailed it to my personal address so I wouldn't have to go searching for it later in case I get a chance to post it. I came back to it tonight and the tweet has been deleted.

I read this also happened to Schefter's tweet last week about the same subject.

I believe the Packers are actively covering up any sniff of non-football related controversy about Sitton so it doesn't escalate into a bigger, possibly uncontrollable distraction for this season. They are being purposely vague and willing to allow speculation derogatory towards them about how this is a financial decision (it's not), a question of Sitton's back or anything else EXCEPT the reason(s) he was cut and that has to do with keeping the team together - not divided - for the season at hand, which as Dougherty's source said Sitton had threatened to do through his outspoken and disparaging remarks about coaching and/or other players.