Thread: Josh Sitton.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    It's probably a combination of things. First, they believe he's a descending player with health issues. Second, they think there's someone on the roster that can do as well as Sitton at the guard position. Third, there's someone that they believe has enough upside on the roster that they don't want to cut. You can bet that MM and TT both came to this decision. It probably was not something that Sitton said to someone in the front office. It comes down to what they believe the best 53 will be.
    I agree. In addition, I think they have already decided that this will be Pepper's last year, and Peppers + Sitton money can eventually be used to take care of the players whose contracts are coming due.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

I was looking at the OL and I felt it was going to be hard to keep all of the players I felt like we could keep, especially with an eye on next year when I feel like we very well could have been without both Sitton and Lang. Plus, Bhak is no sure thing With the injury he's coming off.

We were looking really thin next year if we don't keep a bunch of decent young guys now. And Sitton and Lang are only getting worse after 30. That's just a reality.

Keeping a young guy over and old one...... That happens. Like I said, I was already letting go of those two old guys in my mind. I don't feel bad about this.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I was looking at the OL and I felt it was going to be hard to keep all of the players I felt like we could keep, especially with an eye on next year when I feel like we very well could have been without both Sitton and Lang. Plus, Bhak is no sure thing With the injury he's coming off.

We were looking really thin next year if we don't keep a bunch of decent young guys now. And Sitton and Lang are only getting worse after 30. That's just a reality.

Keeping a young guy over and old one...... That happens. Like I said, I was already letting go of those two old guys in my mind. I don't feel bad about this.
    I had convinced myself they would both be gone next year too. What I don't understand is why cut a good player on the last year of his deal when we are primed for a great season. With this logic cut peppers now and let Perry, Jones, and the other young guys play.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post

OL is a position that relies more on slow twitch than fast twitch. All things equal Sitton probably should have 5 years left. That being said, obviously TT and MM think all things are NOT equal.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.