Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30

Thread: Josh Sitton.

Blog Entries
    I think you throw draft slots out the window at this point and get your best line on the field. That may be with Spriggs at RT who's probably more nimble and long though not as strong (prototypical Tackle) as Bulaga at this stage, who's knees maybe will project him inside at some point, but that'll play itself out in good time. As you say beveaux Spriggs needs to develop and has a lot to prove yet. I think he has the tools and will develop into a starting Tackle.

Bulaga has played all 16 games once, that was his rookie year where he had 12 starts in place of Tauscher.

Last year he missed four games (2015) and the year before that (2014) he missed one.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The first significant clue emerges about why Sitton was cut late:

“It was interesting. It was about a two-week long process, which was mind-boggling to me considering what I thought we had to get done,” Bakhtiari said in an interview on ESPN Wisconsin’s “Wilde & Tausch” that is set to air this morning. “But I’m very fortunate that the Packers were able to work with me (and we) were able to get it done and we were able to sign it the night before the game.”
    He signed the deal Saturday the 10th. Two weeks before that is August 27th. That is one week before Sitton was cut and according to Bob McGinn, when the Packers realized they would need to do something.

https://t.co/am4iUCggzI
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Bulaga has played all 16 games once, that was his rookie year where he had 12 starts in place of Tauscher.

Last year he missed four games (2015) and the year before that (2014) he missed one.
    Even as a rookie, Bulaga was hampered by injuries. He was getting worked at LG with the starters and looked to have a real shot at replacing Colledge in TC, and then hurt his hip the last 10 days or so and missed the final exhibition game. As a result MM stayed with Colledge.

bump

this topic needs further discussion and speculation

TT was right to let Rivera go but should have tried to find a way to keep Wahle. Everything went downhill after Wahle left.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    TT was right to let Rivera go but should have tried to find a way to keep Wahle. Everything went downhill after Wahle left.
    Wahle had his issues with Sherman, and stated that money wasn't the only reason he left. I don't think TT could have kept Wahle unless he was going to immediately fire Sherman. History would suggest maybe he should have done that, but that would have been a tough call. Sherman was a popular coach who had never had a losing season.

Goddammit, If Lee had followed up after Manassas and chased the Union Army down, everything would be different now.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Nothing like a trip down memory lane.

Aaron Taylor, Adam Timmerman; Marco Rivera, Mike Wahle; Josh Sitton, TJ Lang. Departed guards seem to travel in pairs.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Aaron Taylor, Adam Timmerman; Marco Rivera, Mike Wahle; Josh Sitton, TJ Lang. Departed guards seem to travel in pairs.
    And most did not perform at a high level for too long after they left Green Bay. Timmerman was the only guy who had more than 1-2 good years, if I recall...but he was also considerably younger than most of the other guys too.

Signing 30 year old guards to any kind of free agency deal is MORONIC.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Zimmerman got a nice second contract from the Rams while the Packers were juggling some big contracts at the end of the Super Bowl run. He left early compared to most successful Packer draft picks.

Though Wolf didn't consider Guard to be like DE/QB/CB necessities either. He went through a lot of retreads before finding Timmerman.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    And most did not perform at a high level for too long after they left Green Bay. Timmerman was the only guy who had more than 1-2 good years, if I recall...but he was also considerably younger than most of the other guys too.

Signing 30 year old guards to any kind of free agency deal is MORONIC.
    Sitton played well for Chicago but for how much longer? Doesn't he have back issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Sitton played well for Chicago but for how much longer? Doesn't he have back issues?
    He got injured again and missed a few games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    When you say fuck off to one of your best O-lineman, you are saying fuck off to your QB. i sure hope Hundley is ready to play, because TT sure as fuck doesn't care about the health of Rodgers.
    Hundley didn't play. And with Lang gone, he probably won't play again.

Blog Entries
    He got injured again and missed a few games.

I think he missed two games

And he was very good after
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I think he missed two games

And he was very good after
    That knee injury isn't going to help him stay healthy. He's been collecting problems the last few years.

That knee injury isn't going to help him stay healthy. He's been collecting problems the last few years.
    Last year was probably 1 year too early to let go of Sitton, but can you imagine letting Sitton and Lang go in the same offseason?

I think the 4 most undervalued positions in TTs NFL are G, ILB, RB, and maybe S. Although I think we will pay to keep our present safeties.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    I think the 4 most undervalued positions in TTs NFL are G, ILB, RB, and maybe S. Although I think we will pay to keep our present safeties.
    Can't pay everybody. Gotta draw the line somewhere. At least we have a GM that isn't wishy washy. He does what he says.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!