Thread: Josh Sitton.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    it kinda seems obvious that we had to cut sitton so we could make our average LT the 4th highest paid LT in the NFL

we were just saying 2 days ago that 8 to 10 million a year would be too much for him. 8 would put him in the top 15 and 10 would put him in the top 10

i suppose we're probably about ready to give tretter 8-9 million per year too

and langs probably going to get what sitton got if not more

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    it kinda seems obvious that we had to cut sitton so we could make our average LT the 4th highest paid LT in the NFL

we were just saying 2 days ago that 8 to 10 million a year would be too much for him. 8 would put him in the top 15 and 10 would put him in the top 10

What are the numbers for Top centers and guards?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    What are the numbers for Top centers and guards?
    thats what i based those on

let me go check

3 guards make over 10 million a year

guards 4,5,6,7 are around 8 million

8,9,10 are around 7 mill

11-15 are 6.6 million to 5.3 million

centers

the top 5 make between 8.8 and 9.4 million

#6 makes 8.3

7 and 8 make about 7.5

9 and 10 are around 6.3

so a quick rough guess has tretter at 6.5 to 9 million probably

and lang maybe at 7-8 maybe

add in bahks 10, and bulagas 7 or so. thats a ton of money for the o-line

like i said somewhere on here, we could let lang and bulaga go, or all 3 if tretter costs that much too

then we're back to square one and rebuilding the line

like i said somewhere on here, we could let lang and bulaga go, or all 3 if tretter costs that much too

7 million would make Tretter the 9th highest paid Center. 9 million would put him only behind Frederick. I don't think he's done anything yet to command that kind of money.

Lang at 7-8 is probably about right. That would put him somewhere between 5-10 among Guards.

I
    Last edited by Joemailman; 09-13-2016 at 05:12 PM.

They were going to have to rebuild the OL either way. They made the decision that they liked Bahk quite a bit more than Sitton, and the money they saved by cutting Sitton did help to resign Bahk. In that respect I can't say that I blame them. A lot rides on Taylor. If he turns out to be solid, it's a good decision. It would have allowed them to retain their good, young LT and have an affordable option at LG. It gives them options too. They could resign Tretter or Lang or they can kick Bulaga inside.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

JustinH made a good point, because this is an extension of his current deal, he will average $10 mil per year for those 5 years. So he is getting Top 10 money, not Top 5.

Plus all numbers so far are the hyped agent top line numbers. I bet the Packers are protected in this.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    JustinH made a good point, because this is an extension of his current deal, he will average $10 mil per year for those 5 years. So he is getting Top 10 money, not Top 5.

Plus all numbers so far are the hyped agent top line numbers. I bet the Packers are protected in this.
    yeah that extra year helps a bit. 12 million would be nuts, 10 million is just a lot

he's still overpaid IMO, but it doesn't seem as bad when you factor in that its actually 50 million over 5 years, not 4

yeah that extra year helps a bit. 12 million would be nuts, 10 million is just a lot

he's still overpaid IMO, but it doesn't seem as bad when you factor in that its actually 50 million over 5 years, not 4
    You probably have to include the $1.7M he was scheduled to get this year anyway. The 50-whatever million is probably in addition to that. It often is.