Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Sitton.

Blog Entries
    I'm in denial; this would be idiotic.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Just like the time he released Jon Ryan for Frosty the Noodle-Legged Punter, Thompson once again makes another incompetent move.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Blog Entries
    Ted Thompson on releasing Sitton: "This was done with a focus on what is best for the team and the growth of the offensive line"

Pure speculation here but have to guess Sitton went off on someone in front office (perhaps Ted) about not extending his contract. Anyone who has listened to him in interviews knows he has no problem expressing his opinion, sometimes crudely.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Ted Thompson on releasing Sitton: "This was done with a focus on what is best for the team and the growth of the offensive line"
    Can they really not get anybody to trade for their best OL ??
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    I thought the salary cap issues would come home to roost NEXT YEAR.

One question that needs to be asked with Sitton, is it possible they asked him for a pay cut? That would have been a huge slap in the face. That is just pure speculation but it would explain why they decided to cut him instead of going forward. I don't think he asked for an exorbitant amount of money.
    by Tom Silverstein 3:29 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Can they really not get anybody to trade for their best OL ??
    We don't really know what GMs think of his more recent game tape, this year and last.

Blog Entries
    I thought the salary cap issues would come home to roost NEXT YEAR.

One question that needs to be asked with Sitton, is it possible they asked him for a pay cut? That would have been a huge slap in the face. That is just pure speculation but it would explain why they decided to cut him instead of going forward. I don't think he asked for an exorbitant amount of money.
    by Tom Silverstein 3:29 PM

If Ted asked him to take a pay cut or get release, IMO....more idiotic.......

We're trying to win a SB; I don't get this. We are below the cap.

Let him walk next year if need be. But this makes no sense to me

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    Or Linsley at C (if he's close to ready) and Tretter at Guard.
    Yo Campbell, how's the wives?

I just called my bookie and put money on the rookie 2nd rounder being the Pack's new LG. What's the rook's name? Jason Biggs? Didn't he fuck a pie in American Pie?

Aerodynamic Rat Starter
    Josh Sitton @jsitton71
    @Uber is pretty awesome. Can't wait to use it in Seattle!

This tweet is from 2 years ago.

Blog Entries
    If Ted asked him to take a pay cut or get release, IMO....more idiotic.......

We're trying to win a SB; I don't get this. We are below the cap.

Let him walk next year if need be. But this makes no sense to me
    Agree. A bridge had to have been burned and/or a line drawn in the sand one way or another. esoxx makes a good point about Sitton's ego and personality.

Blog Entries
    I don't buy this, but for the record...

Talked briefly with Josh Sitton and he told me that there was no showdown over his contract and that he was completely caught off guard with the call he received this morning. Said he assumed the team wanted to go with younger players and they just didn't plan on going forward with him.
    by Tom Silverstein 3:51 PM

Blog Entries
    I don't buy this, but for the record...

Talked briefly with Josh Sitton and he told me that there was no showdown over his contract and that he was completely caught off guard with the call he received this morning. Said he assumed the team wanted to go with younger players and they just didn't plan on going forward with him.
    by Tom Silverstein 3:51 PM

was he getting a terribly high wage ?

Which guy will start who is "better" than Josh Sitton at the position ?

Shocking

Blog Entries
    Agree. A bridge had to have been burned and/or a line drawn in the sand one way or another. esoxx makes a good point about Sitton's ego and personality.
    every team has to manag whacked out egos and personalities; it's part of a GM's job. Think life was easy behind the scenes babysitting Favre and the gang ?

Was he getting paid a boatload ? I can't believe they could not get a draft pick for him

Blog Entries
    With these things, always a backstory. https://t.co/RqSBgmFq3e
    Andrew Brandt @Andrew Brandt

I can't believe they could not get a draft pick for him
    Would've gotten at least a precious 5th rounder for Sitton in 2018 simply by allowing Sitton to walk next March instead. Comp picks.

This may be a sign that Thompson plans to retire sooner than later.

It's probably a combination of things. First, they believe he's a descending player with health issues. Second, they think there's someone on the roster that can do as well as Sitton at the guard position. Third, there's someone that they believe has enough upside on the roster that they don't want to cut. You can bet that MM and TT both came to this decision. It probably was not something that Sitton said to someone in the front office. It comes down to what they believe the best 53 will be.

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    It's probably a combination of things. First, they believe he's a descending player with health issues. Second, they think there's someone on the roster that can do as well as Sitton at the guard position. .
    I was with you until point two.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    That could very well be right but I haven't yet gotten my head around how Sitton isn't included on the best 53.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I was with you until point two.
    Don't think they would cut him, otherwise.