Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Sitton.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    That could very well be right but I haven't yet gotten my head around how Sitton isn't included on the best 53.
    At this point in time, he might be one of the best 53. The key to a successful front office is deciding if someone in the bottom 10 on your roster will be better by the end of the year, or by next year. You don't want to lose that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    It's probably a combination of things. First, they believe he's a descending player with health issues. Second, they think there's someone on the roster that can do as well as Sitton at the guard position. Third, there's someone that they believe has enough upside on the roster that they don't want to cut. You can bet that MM and TT both came to this decision. It probably was not something that Sitton said to someone in the front office. It comes down to what they believe the best 53 will be.
    I agree. In addition, I think they have already decided that this will be Pepper's last year, and Peppers + Sitton money can eventually be used to take care of the players whose contracts are coming due.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

I think we see Sitton as he was 3 years ago. He was not the same last year. I'm sure the tape showed that and they probably gave Sitton an ultimatum to come in in better shape. Training camp must not have been kind to him.

Blog Entries
    This was likely always going to happen but it could have happened next offseason not this one, unless they really don't want to see Bakh hit the market.

I've said all along that Bacteria would end up at LG. Not sure who is ready to play LT in such a case though. Maybe its right that Barclay or Tretter will hold them over for a year.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    Don't think they would cut him, otherwise.
    I agree. But who? Has to be Tretter/Linsley. Barclay was bad as a Guard if I recall.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I've said all along that Bacteria would end up at LG. Not sure who is ready to play LT in such a case though. Maybe its right that Barclay or Tretter will hold them over for a year.
    Would you post more for God's sake? Together we are close to genius!

Spriggs LT, Bach LG is future. But very doubtful its present. We'll see.

Springs in pass pro has been what I thought Sherrod was be.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

well if you can't get a new deal then trade the fucker, or make him play out his contract, you just don't cut him

we just trumped the queens stupid move of the year with our own

i don't get it

Blog Entries
    After today's moves, the Packers are now among the league leaders in cap space. Should have about $16M to use for in-season extensions.
    Michael Rodney @PackersNotes

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

Springs in pass pro has been what I thought Sherrod was be.
    Same as Sherrod, he needs a better punch...but he is young, so there is hope he might develop it. He is very natural at locking out the arms and steering guys where he wants them, but Mack exposed his lack of punch when facing premier talent (but then again, Mack does that to good NFL left tackles).

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Just like the time he released Jon Ryan for Frosty the Noodle-Legged Punter, Thompson once again makes another incompetent move.
    and both went to TT's old team, the seachickens

i'm not saying its a conspiracy, but a lot of people are saying it is

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

And the reason I don't post much anymore is because I would love to make a joke about a former democrat running as a republican to get his friend elected, but then everyones panties would get up in a bunch that I'm talking politics, then they would run to the Kapernick thread to ......

just when you think we're prepared for a proper SB run, we go and shoot ourselves in the dick

Aerodynamic Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

Don't know why people keep saying this. Sitton hasn't gone anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

I don't see Bach as a guard at all. Since he struggles against power players why do you think he's suited for playing on the inside?

Also, did anyone mention yet that they just put Linsley on the PUP list? Now without him being available I don't get releasing Sitton at this particular time at all. Our OL just became a lot weaker without any depth now if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    And the reason I don't post much anymore is because I would love to make a joke about a former democrat running as a republican to get his friend elected, but then everyones panties would get up in a bunch that I'm talking politics, then they would run to the Kapernick thread to ......
    glad you picked up on the joke though

I hate the move. The only way this makes sense is if he really did start to decline and we just can't see it and TT wants to keep Tretter and Bahk long-term.

This year: Bahk, Tretter, Lindsey, Lang, Bulaga?
    Next year: Spriggs, Tretter, Lindsley, Bahk, Bulaga?

And why Barrington? One injury away from Matthews back in the middle.

Frustrating day.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    I don't see Bach as a guard at all. Since he struggles against power players why do you think he's suited for playing on the inside?

Also, did anyone mention yet that they just put Linsley on the PUP list? Now without him being available I don't get releasing Sitton at this particular time at all. Our OL just became a lot weaker without any depth now if you ask me.
    Ah, PUP list makes this weirder. I could see handing the job to Tretter/Linsley/Bach. But not Lane Taylor.

PS...Maybe Sitton banged Holmgren's daughter....just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    After today's moves, the Packers are now among the league leaders in cap space. Should have about $16M to use for in-season extensions.
    Michael Rodney @PackersNotes
    oh good, to roll over to next year, then the next, then the next