Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Sitton.

As I presently read this, TT goes not want to pay the Packers best Offensive Lineman what he is worth . A released Sitton may sign with anyone he pleases to.

This sounds like Tightwad Ted BEING Tightwad Ted and another NFL Team getting a Pro-Bowl Quality Offensive Guard .

I can just hear TT saying, "How you like me now ?" My answer, where can I buy TAR and FEATHERS ?

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Blog Entries
    Ted's Tedliest move since Favre.

I think they do see Sitton declining and they have confidence somebody (Barclay?) can hold up just fine in the tight confines inside. I've seen Barclay working hard on the second level on more than a few runs this preseason. He's obviously a serious liability outside but if his second year back from the ACL means he's once again 100% then his game was always best mauling inside anyway.

beveaux, I'm seeing a little bit of gray area in your take on this now. We're (me included) concerned of a huge drop off in play. I don't think Ted and Mike think that's going to happen. Now we'll just have to wait and see how it goes. There's no question that the move changes the game from a cap management standpoint. Along with Peppers' salary coming off the books, they've got the flexibility to sign their guys.
    Last edited by vince; 09-03-2016 at 08:15 PM.

PFF rated him as the 6th best guard in the nfl last year, so he didn't suck too much

and his cap hit was 6.85 which isn't much at all for a pro bowl guard

eagles get a 1st and 4th for sam fucking bradford, and we don't get shit for one of the best players in the nfl

i hate TT

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Ted's Tedliest move since Favre.

I think they do see Sitton declining and they have confidence somebody (Barclay?) can hold up just fine in the tight confines inside. I've seen Barclay working hard on the second level on more than a few runs this preseason. He's obviously a serious liability outside but if his second year back from the ACL means he's once again 100% then his game was always best mauling inside anyway.

esoxx I'm seeing a little bit of gray area in your take on this now. We're (me included) concerned of a huge drop off in play. I don't think Ted and Mike think that's going to happen. Now we'll just have to wait and see how it goes. There's no question that the move changes the game from a cap management standpoint. Along with Peppers' salary coming off the books, they've got the flexibility to sign their guys.
    barclay is a disaster, he needs to not be on the roster, its nuts to think of him as a starter again

and i've said for years, maybe TT and M3 aren't as smart as they think they are

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Ah, PUP list makes this weirder. I could see handing the job to Tretter/Linsley/Bach. But not Lane Taylor.
    I'll bet Linsley doesn't even play this year since he's already torn the same hamstring twice. This move makes no sense to me unless TT has his eye on someone off of the waiver wire because I sure as hell don't see the answer on our roster right now. If ARod spends this year running for his frickin' life again I'll bet
    he's going to be pissed and I won't blame him one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    PS...Maybe Sitton banged Holmgren's daughter....just sayin'
    Lol Bobble! That has to be it!

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    I'll bet Linsley doesn't even play this year this since he's already torn the same hamstring twice. This move makes no sense to me unless TT has his eye on someone off of the waiver wire because I sure as hell don't see the answer on our roster right now. If ARod spends this year running for his frickin' life again I'll be he's going to be pissed and I won't blame him one bit.
    anyone of note get cut from another team?

i haven't been paying attention

i agree though that i don't see his replacement on the team

unless its that one rookie, sprunk or whatever his name is that looks just like a younger sitton

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    barclay is a disaster, he needs to not be on the roster, its nuts to think of him as a starter again

and i've said for years, maybe TT and M3 aren't as smart as they think they are
    I'm shocked you're over the top reactionary on this red.

We'll see. He's held up well at Center this year.

Maybe TT and M3 are smarter than you think they are.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    anyone of note get cut from another team?

i haven't been paying attention

i agree though that i don't see his replacement on the team

unless its that one rookie, sprunk or whatever his name is that looks just like a younger sitton
    I've been watching college football this afternoon red so I haven't paid any attention to other team's releases either. That kid that looked like Sitton was placed on IR so he's off the table as well.

I'm shocked you're over the top reactionary on this red.

Maybe TT and M3 are smarter than you think they are.
    not from what i've seen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    Don't think they would cut him, otherwise.

I was also there til part 2; I don't think that guy is on our roster

TT is kind of an icon in here; but if this blows up he deserves to be roasted
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Can they really not get anybody to trade for their best OL ??
    Nobody's going to trade for a guy with a $6.5 million base salary that would be guaranteed on the first day of the season.
    by Tom Silverstein 4:42 PM

Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
    I hate the move. The only way this makes sense is if he really did start to decline and we just can't see it and TT wants to keep Tretter and Bahk long-term.

This year: Bahk, Tretter, Lindsey, Lang, Bulaga?
    Next year: Spriggs, Tretter, Lindsley, Bahk, Bulaga?

And why Barrington? One injury away from Matthews back in the middle.

Frustrating day.
    Bradford on PS perhaps.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    As I presently read this, TT goes not want to pay the Packers best Offensive Lineman what he is worth . A released Sitton may sign with anyone he pleases to.

This sounds like Tightwad Ted BEING Tightwad Ted and another NFL Team getting a Pro-Bowl Quality Offensive Guard .

I can just hear TT saying, "How you like me now ?" My answer, where can I buy TAR and FEATHERS ?
    How much is an over 30 Guard with a bad back worth? Just curious.

And Sitton said he was willing to play out the last year.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Would you post more for God's sake? Together we are close to genius!

Spriggs LT, Bach LG is future. But very doubtful its present. We'll see.

Springs in pass pro has been what I thought Sherrod was be.

SHERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

That fruitcake was nothing short of horrible from day one. I'd blacked that puke and the other out of my memory until reading this ))))))))))))))0

Spriggs better be better than a fruitcake
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    After today's moves, the Packers are now among the league leaders in cap space. Should have about $16M to use for in-season extensions.
    Michael Rodney @PackersNotes

THIS IS TEDLIKE

Barclay may have held up at center Vince, (I haven't watched enough to evaluate his blocking.) but he sure as hell isn't good at it. His lollipop long snaps in shotgun take about 6 seconds to get back to the QB.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    I think we see Sitton as he was 3 years ago. He was not the same last year. I'm sure the tape showed that and they probably gave Sitton an ultimatum to come in in better shape. Training camp must not have been kind to him.

I think last year he was still in the top half of Guards in the NFL; was he our best OL last year ? Certainly not our worst starter.

I was looking at the OL and I felt it was going to be hard to keep all of the players I felt like we could keep, especially with an eye on next year when I feel like we very well could have been without both Sitton and Lang. Plus, Bhak is no sure thing With the injury he's coming off.

We were looking really thin next year if we don't keep a bunch of decent young guys now. And Sitton and Lang are only getting worse after 30. That's just a reality.

Keeping a young guy over and old one...... That happens. Like I said, I was already letting go of those two old guys in my mind. I don't feel bad about this.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I have to admit I saw Barclay at center failing to cut off his reach block and giving up pursuit.