Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Practice Squad Signings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Practice Squad Signings

DT Brian Price to the practice squad, per Demovsky.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

G - Lucas Patrick per Ryan Wood.

Reggie Gilbert - LB

Signed to the practice squad after clearing waivers.

Carl Bradford aboard.

Add S Jermaine Whitehead (surprising to me with so many safeties on the roster and I wasn't overly impressed with him) and WR/TE Devon Cajuste.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

I like the Cajuste pickup. Especially if he can play TE. Another Stanford guy. Wasn't drafted. 49ers cut him on Saturday.

Per Tom Silverstein, Geronimo Allison has turned down multiple offers from other teams in order to sign with the Packers practice squad.

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    Per Tom Silverstein, Geronimo Allison has turned down multiple offers from other teams in order to sign with the Packers practice squad.
    Wonder if he got more than base level PS money.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Wonder if he got more than base level PS money.
    I was wondering the same thing given the multiple offers. Sometimes I wonder with these PS signings if the guys just feel more comfortable staying with the system/team/coaches that they're used to and think it gives them the best opportunity to continue growing and improving. I would think if the money differential is minimal this would play into their decision. Especially when that particular team already has an investment in them. Also I'm sure they consider were they think their best chance is to eventually make the 53 man roster is.

Well, my wish list is complete. Price, Allison, Bradford and another Guard.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Well, my wish list is complete. Price, Allison, Bradford and another Guard.
    My wish list is Price. He looks like he could be called-up in a pinch, and it is always hard to find big defensive linemen. I don't think there will be anybody else on the PS who can contribute, but don't quote me, it's a long season.

Burks said not to be candidate for practice squad. Also,

Michael Cohen@Michael_Cohen13
    CB Robertson Daniel will not be on the #Packers practice squad, per a source.

Burks said not to be candidate for practice squad. Also,

Michael Cohen@Michael_Cohen13
    CB Robertson Daniel will not be on the #Packers practice squad, per a source.
    Did they cut Burks to make room for the RB Pressley? If so I missed that transaction. Interesting that they're not even considering signing Burks to the PS.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 3h3 hours ago
    #Packers are bringing back WR Herb Waters for their practice squad, a source said.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 3h3 hours ago
    #Packers are bringing back WR Herb Waters for their practice squad, a source said.
    7 WRs on the roster and 3 on the PS seems excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    7 WRs on the roster and 3 on the PS seems excessive.
    They need someone for all those DBS on the roster to cover in practice.

ILB Beniquez Brown and OG Blake Muir fill out the PS.

WR Geronimo Allison
    LB Carl Bradford
    LB Beniquez Brown
    WR/TE Devon Cajuste
    OLB Reggie Gilbert
    G Blake Muir
    G Lucas Patrick
    DT Brian Price
    WR Herb Waters
    S Jermaine Whitehead

Green Bay is no longer "Title Town", it's "Wideout City"

Overreaction to last year? Or prudent policy given the current crop of starters?

Nelson (old and coming off injury)
    Cobb (young vet but also coming back from injury, probably never your #1)
    Adams (horrific 2nd year, bit of unknown, injuries)
    Monty (young and injured for much of 2015 and 2016 offseason)
    Abby (young and concussion prone)
    Janis (ST ace, athletically gifted, still hasn't caught up on offense, also injured)
    Davis (young, thin and injured = unreleased David Bowie album and persona)

For some reason Cajuste didn't make it to the PS. Add RB Don Jackson instead.