Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dean Lowry Army

The Dean Lowry Army

This a real ground floor opportunity. He is a starter on the depth chart, despite an unheralded camp. I loved the guy at Northwestern. Buy low, sell high. Get aboard now!

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    As one of the first members of the Jeff Janis fan club, and one of the founding members of the Ryan Grant fan club -- two unheralded upandcomers -- I proudly join the Dean Lowry fan club.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Dean who?

built like a t-rex. Strong body, short arms.

The extent of my research is one nfl.com scouting article.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post

So, it's true that they had to shorten his jersey sleeves?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Dean who?
    Kampman. Dean Kampman.

We call him Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    So, it's true that they had to shorten his jersey sleeves?
    I can neither deny nor confirm that rumor, but my inside sources lead me to believe this is true. ( I assume they work inside an office , hence inside sources)

I was on this guy since Pigskin Paul said he would throw something at the TV if Lowry wasn't drafted by the end of the 4th quarter. Enter Ted.

The only knock on the guy is his short arms, yet he deflects more footballs than anyone else on his teams. Long arms don't do you any good if you don't get them up like Dean does.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

All kidding aside, this will be interesting. Very little has been written or said about him since camp started. Very little positive, very little that was truly negative. Mostly just that he wasn't doing much.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post

In the world of the internet, this qualifies you as an expert. Speak on.

I see this guy as a developmental project - about useless this year, and maybe ending up in a couple of years somewhere between Mike Daniels and Christian Ringo in terms of contribution and talent.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I know it's just college, but the guy was a dominant player on the Northwestern defense. He moved so well, making plays from end to end. You watched a game, it was clear he was the special player on that defense. His measurables must not be special, as it's odd that such a good football player wasn't drafted higher. I wonder if he'll shock the pro world and be a strong starter later in his rookie season.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I know it's just college, but the guy was a dominant player on the Northwestern defense. He moved so well, making plays from end to end. You watched a game, it was clear he was the special player on that defense. His measurables must not be special, as it's odd that such a good football player wasn't drafted higher. I wonder if he'll shock the pro world and be a strong starter later in his rookie season.
    His measurables were excellent. One of the better athletes at DL. His arms are amazingly short though. Some teams treat short armed DL like TT treats 5'9" CBs.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Maybe he's a grower and not a shower.

Blog Entries
    I hate Northwestern

Hey, where is the thread for the Abby fan club ? We might re open the membership up soon, albeit at a higher price )
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    His measurables were excellent. One of the better athletes at DL. His arms are amazingly short though. Some teams treat short armed DL like TT treats 5'9" CBs.
    I read somewhere that they measured his arms with a ruler, not a yardstick.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

He has 32 inch arms, which is the kind of measurement you find on a 6'1" prospect. I think he'll be fine.

Several sites, including his NFL draft profile, list his arm length at 31". That is short even among the short-armed players like Bulaga, Daniels and Clark.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profil...wry?id=2555274

https://www.profootballfocus.com/dra...-northwestern/

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    How long are his legs?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    How long are his legs?
    I think they go all the way to the ground.