Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Official 2016 Fuckdoggle Thread

Official 2016 Fuckdoggle Thread

Week 1

I nominate Joe Thomas. Interception to set up the first TD, and great stop at the end.

Do I Have a second?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Week 1

I nominate Joe Thomas. Interception to set up the first TD, and great stop at the end.

Do I Have a second?
    2nd

I call for the question.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I nominate Dean Lowry.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I nominate Dean Lowry.
    I'll let Blue Dog do the second.

Lean Mean Dean made it into the box scores

D. Lowry 1 tackle 0 assists

"Every thousand mile journey begins with a single step." - Laozi 604 bc

Actually, I'm not sure a 4th round pick qualifies for Fuckdoggle.

Week 1

Do I Have a second?
    Worthy choice. Unfortunately, I believe the MOF (Master of Fuckdoggle) resigned his post in anger. His replacement left under a shadow of corruption, although nothing was proven. Do you propose to be the new MOF? What credentials can you present to the assembly? Why do you want to be the MOF?

Actually, I would pass this week since no Fuckdoggleable player did anything spectacular. But I could be dead wrong.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

i'm all for thomas, he bookended the game nicely

he didn't contribute many pages to the book though

Actually, I would pass this week since no Fuckdoggleable player did anything spectacular. But I could be dead wrong.
    I think we see why the MOF job has been such a career killer. Nobody agrees on what the award means, so 2/3 of the membership simmers in anger at all decisions. Very much like your condo association.

I say Joe Thomas was spectacular enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I think we see why the MOF job has been such a career killer. Nobody agrees on what the award means, so 2/3 of the membership simmers in anger at all decisions. Very much like your condo association.

I say Joe Thomas was spectacular enough.
    I angrily disagree.

I could be dead
    not soon enough

Actually, I'm not sure a 4th round pick qualifies for Fuckdoggle.
    Not a hard and fast rule. The spirit of the Fuckdoggle is to mystify and discourage an opposing fan base with a Packer player previously unknown to them. If Devon Lowry has reputation at all it is for having the shortest arm to height ration of any player since "Thalidomide Cal" Jorgenson.

Should the weekly Fuckdoggle nomination arise as the result of a replacement of a known player (leading to short-lived happiness on the part of the opposing fans before dealing with the frustration that comes with the arrival of an effective unknown player) you would have a classic Barney Fuckdoggle situation, but that. of course, goes without saying.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    Not a hard and fast rule. The spirit of the Fuckdoggle is to mystify and discourage an opposing fan base with a Packer player previously unknown to them. If Devon Lowry has reputation at all it is for having the shortest arm to height ration of any player since "Thalidomide Cal" Jorgenson.

Should the weekly Fuckdoggle nomination arise as the result of a replacement of a known player (leading to short-lived happiness on the part of the opposing fans before dealing with the frustration that comes with the arrival of an effective unknown player) you would have a classic Barney Fuckdoggle situation, but that. of course, goes without saying.
    Well said!!!!!

I nominate Swede for this week's Fuckdoggle.

Remember: the FuckDoggle doesn't have to be awarded every week. Indeed, to award it every week and thereby lower the standards would cheapen the illustrious nature of the award.

Although not hard and fast in some members minds, it's is my firmly held belief that a fourth rounder should be ineligible for the FuckDoggle; so T-Rex Lowry is ineligible.

I didn't see the game but trust that Thomas is indeed worthy.

That is all.

Is Fuckdoggle the MVP of the game?

Would also like to know the inspiration behind that name hahah.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Remember: the FuckDoggle doesn't have to be awarded every week. Indeed, to award it every week and thereby lower the standards would cheapen the illustrious nature of the award.

Although not hard and fast in some members minds, it's is my firmly held belief that a fourth rounder should be ineligible for the FuckDoggle; so T-Rex Lowry is ineligible.

I didn't see the game but trust that Thomas is indeed worthy.

That is all.
    I angrily disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayish View Post
    Is Fuckdoggle the MVP of the game?

Would also like to know the inspiration behind that name hahah.
    It's an award given to an unremarkable player who bursts onto the scene in a single game. It is almost never awarded because any effort to decide on a nominee leads to bitter recriminations. The more prestigious award is the Bostickler Trophy, offered in memory of one notable play by a packer journeyman. It is rarely awarded, or even mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    It's an award given to an unremarkable player who bursts onto the scene in a single game. It is almost never awarded because any effort to decide on a nominee leads to bitter recriminations. The more prestigious award is the Bostickler Trophy, offered in memory of one notable play by a packer journeyman. It is rarely awarded, or even mentioned.
    I angrily disagree.