Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Official 2016 Fuckdoggle Thread

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayish View Post
    Is Fuckdoggle the MVP of the game?

Would also like to know the inspiration behind that name hahah.
    Here's a thread that pretty much explains the origin of this nettlesome award: http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...ght=fuckdoggle
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

I say Thomas is fuckdoggle worthy. An int and the key stop to the game. He was cut two different years.

He did play a lot last year but I doubt opposing fans know his name.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

If Thomas had made that 2nd interception, I might concur. Could we give him the award but just not engrave his name on the trophy?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Thomas seems suitable for fuckdoggle for reasons stated.

I'm just glad a Bostickler Trophy doesn't need to be handed out.

I am pleased to present the first 2016 Fuckdoggle Jersey to Joe Thomas.

In the finest spirit of The Mighty Fuckdoggle, I support the nomination of Joe Thomas, even though I did not see the game at all.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

48 earned it. I was like, "who's that guy." And then my next thought, was "damn, he looks like a hell of a athlete" and then I realize it was joe Thomas. He looked good.

How about Lane Taylor though? He was solid.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Which pencil-necked geek is in charge of the rolling list of awarded Fuckdoggles? I'm guessing we'll just Bostickle this up, like a mom throwing out your box of twenty-five year old baseball cards just before you figure out how much they are worth.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

I think Lane Taylor was more in the spirit of what the award is all about, a guy that few have heard of stepping up and playing decent in place of a common, well-known player. You guys seem to be making it into a star of the game type of award. I didn't think the Fuckdoggle had to be a star, just a competent replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by guywhoshouldwriteforPackerrats
    It’s a real let-down when Barney turns into a hidden gem, and Collinsworth is like, “You know, Al. I think I really LIKE this Fuckdoggle guy!”
    I think I recall Collinsworth saying these exact words last night about Lane Taylor. So Patler might be on to something. Let's go to the video tape!

[Has the unelected dictator who put himself in charge of the precious Fuckdoggle ever awarded a Fuckdoggle and then revoked it?]
    Last edited by Maxie the Taxi; 09-12-2016 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Originally wrote "Have we ever awarded..." The Fuckdoggle decision has always been dictatorial.

In our house, he's known as BJT, short for Black Joe Thomas, so as to not create confusion with the real, and white, Joe Thomas.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I think I recall Collinsworth saying these exact words last night about Lane Taylor. So Patler might be on to something. Let's go to the video tape!

[Has the unelected dictator who put himself in charge of the precious Fuckdoggle ever awarded a Fuckdoggle and then revoked it?]
    Who died and made you God!? God, I'm bitter.

Joe Mailman is a trusted public servant and duly appointed master of all things Fuckdogglean. Joe Thomas is this week's winner. It is written.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Who died and made you God!? God, I'm bitter.

Joe Mailman is a trusted public servant and duly appointed master of all things Fuckdogglean. Joe Thomas is this week's winner. It is written.
    There, there, my son. Calm your soul. All is well.... hahahaha Competing Fuckdoggles! What could be more appropriate? hahahaha

Stay strong, Joe & Joe, the people are with you.

On top of the INT and help on the 4th down stop, Thomas also ran right through Denard Robinson on a blitz. I forget who got the sack (CM3?) but Thomas made the play.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    On top of the INT and help on the 4th down stop, Thomas also ran right through Denard Robinson on a blitz. I forget who got the sack (CM3?) but Thomas made the play.
    He did do that. That might have been the most impressive feat. That poor RB was just a speed bump on that blitz.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Week 3 - Lane Taylor. Perfect game. No bad runs or passes. Josh who?
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Hornibrook!

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Week 3 - Lane Taylor. Perfect game. No bad runs or passes. Josh who?
    I second the nomination. He's been overlooked, which is a good thing given his circumstances.

What about Ladarius Gunter filling in for Shields? Played pretty well, except didn't he drop an interception?

Aaack, to hell with it. No Fuckdoggle for you.