Thread: Has the NFL bubble burst?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Don't look now, but another arrow in the quiver of those who predict a decline in the future for the NFL, such as Mark Cuban. MNF posted an anemic 5.7 overnight rating this week. Granted, it was up against the CLUMP debate...which had a huge viewership. However, this is yet another example of how the NFL's drive to expand into every nook and cranny of the TV schedule might not be paying dividends. If people see it every day of the week, it isn't special anymore. Good thing they have a game in London at 9:30am Eastern this week...I'm sure lots of people will be tuning in to that one.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Don't look now, but another arrow in the quiver of those who predict a decline in the future for the NFL, such as Mark Cuban. MNF posted an anemic 5.7 overnight rating this week. Granted, it was up against the CLUMP debate...which had a huge viewership. However, this is yet another example of how the NFL's drive to expand into every nook and cranny of the TV schedule might not be paying dividends. If people see it every day of the week, it isn't special anymore. Good thing they have a game in London at 9:30am Eastern this week...I'm sure lots of people will be tuning in to that one.
    I think MNF has been in decline for a while. Sunday Night is now the marquee game. I sure don't watch MNF like I used to. You also have 2 teams from the same region of the country who haven't been good for a few years. And you had the debate that more than 80 million people watched.

Giants at Vikings this Monday might give us a better idea where MNF stands.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    its funny that trump was worried about people not watching him at the debate cause he was worried about people watching MNF instead

when in reality, it was football that should have been worried about the debate stealing all their viewers