Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Has the NFL bubble burst?

Just to keep the vibe going...

Game 5 of the World Series dominated the Sunday Night Football matchup between Dallas and Philly in terms of TV viewership. The World Series has had some games in the past outdraw prime time NFL matchups...but that was usually against weak matchups and/or teams from smaller TV markets. I think the last time this happened, Indy and New Orleans were playing the NFL game...and those are 2 of the smaller NFL TV markets. This was a strong SNF game this week with the huge viewership of the Dallas Cowboys and a pretty solid Philly market to draw from...and they still couldn't beat baseball.

Overall, viewership of the prime time NFL games is still trending toward the range of -20% this year across the board.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Just to keep the vibe going...

Game 5 of the World Series dominated the Sunday Night Football matchup between Dallas and Philly in terms of TV viewership. The World Series has had some games in the past outdraw prime time NFL matchups...but that was usually against weak matchups and/or teams from smaller TV markets. I think the last time this happened, Indy and New Orleans were playing the NFL game...and those are 2 of the smaller NFL TV markets. This was a strong SNF game this week with the huge viewership of the Dallas Cowboys and a pretty solid Philly market to draw from...and they still couldn't beat baseball.

Overall, viewership of the prime time NFL games is still trending toward the range of -20% this year across the board.
    Helps that its been a fun series. Even the 7-2 game developed slowly and had a lot of tension. Been a blast to watch and I generally cannot stand baseball on TV.

Sports on TV ranked
    1. Football
    2. Basketball
    3. Soccer
    4. Hockey
    (big drop)
    5. Baseball

Sports in Stadium
    1. Hockey
    2. Baseball
    3. Basketball
    4. Football
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Helps that its been a fun series. Even the 7-2 game developed slowly and had a lot of tension. Been a blast to watch and I generally cannot stand baseball on TV.

Sports on TV ranked
    1. Football
    2. Golf
    3. Baseball
    4. Women's Softball
    (incredibly huge drop)
    5. Soccer
    FIFY
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Golf is great on TV. Nothing better to watch and take a nap with.

My wife thinks it horrible to watch, but I don't think she appreciates the nap benefit.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I've watched every second of all four majors this year. My wife was right beside me. I guess we got to get a life.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I've watched every second of all four majors this year. My wife was right beside me. I guess we got to get a life.
    Living large. My wife does want to learn to play golf though, so there is that.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Golf is great on TV. Nothing better to watch and take a nap with.

My wife thinks it horrible to watch, but I don't think she appreciates the nap benefit.
    Lol, I'm right with you, watching golf is nap time. When I was younger it was baseball. The key is something that won't perk you interest and make you open your eyes

Golf on tv is perfect for that