Thread: Official Week 3 Other Games Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He did make his offense functional. But by the time they took a 20 point lead, the net yards for both teams were nearly equal. At that point it was a field position and special teams game. Which he was also winning.

Which is simply a long way of saying, he doesn't work miracles, but he doesn't leave any stone unturned either. He went through a long stretch where he could not draft to rebuild his D, but he has fixed that in the last couple of years. Its no mistake they got another Lombardi after that happened.
    I agree that he makes a lot of GM decisions that leave you scratching your head and I don't think he's necessarily one of the best in that capacity but strictly as a coach, he sure knows how to get the best out of whatever players he has a available and how to change the emphasis of his game plan from week to week depending on who they are playing. (Using Te's heavy, running heavy, short passing game, using backs as receivers, long passing game, etc.) In addition, he's a pretty good defensive minded coach as well. It seems to me that he has a lot of planning input on both sides of the ball.
    Last edited by SMBASS; 09-22-2016 at 11:16 PM.