Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Week 3 Other Games Thread

Official Week 3 Other Games Thread

Gronk makes season debut tonight for Patriots.

Jacoby Brissett starts at QB. Garoppolo will not dress. Edelman is the backup QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

Jacoby Brissett starts at QB. Garoppolo will not dress. Edelman is the backup QB.
    So they didn't pick up a backup QB - gutsy. On the surface it almost seems like they're just mailing this one in, but somehow they're up by 20, Houston and their high priced DL can't stop Blount and Brisset it showing himself capable of making throws when the Texans sell out against the run.

Watt is a non-entity.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Blog Entries
    SUSPEND HOODY GENIUS FOR LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not even fair to have one guy who's so much better than any coach in the NFL

It's like putting Cam Newton on a high school team.

He goes to AZ w/o his best three offensive players and beats perhaps the top NFC team on the road

After winning another game he goes and is kicking the undefeated Texans around with who at QB...Briscuit....Biscuit....Biscous.....ah...who cares...most of us have never heard of the guy.

And then having the Hoodie OC Genius by his side.......SUSPEND THEM FOR LIFE
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

As I wrote in my New York Times best-seller, "A BILL Tolls for New England: Inside the Competency and Genius of Bill Belichick," Belichick is a bona fide genius.

Only a fearless genius -bona fide- would go into a game with only a lone QB and a starting WR as backup.

McCarthy and Thompson would never go into a game with only Callahan. Flynn would be signed faster than I last during coition - and the last time I had coition, the evening of Super Bowl 32, I lasted all of 16 seconds.

Btw, I don't see Gronk playing much.

Btw 2, J-Mac is one arrogant motherfucker, but he sure as hell knows offense. This guy will be the Lions HC next season unless some other team offers him the title of King/GM/Coach.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Blog Entries
    Michael Irvin tweeted out of NE goes into Texans and wins tonight they should call is the Bellichek trophy
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    SUSPEND HOODY GENIUS FOR LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not even fair to have one guy who's so much better than any coach in the NFL

It's like putting Cam Newton on a high school team.

He goes to AZ w/o his best three offensive players and beats perhaps the top NFC team on the road

After winning another game he goes and is kicking the undefeated Texans around with who at QB...Briscuit....Biscuit....Biscous.....ah...who cares...most of us have never heard of the guy.

And then having the Hoodie OC Genius by his side.......SUSPEND THEM FOR LIFE
    +1. Well put.

Amazing how competent an offense can look when the QB is looking to get the ball out as quickly as possible...rather than wait and wait and wait and run around a little and wait and wait for someone to get open 40 yards downfield, only to throw the ball out of bounds.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

I hope Lacy is a-watching this game tonight. Look at Blount. That's how a "big" back's supposed to look.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Amazing how competent an offense can look when the QB is looking to get the ball out as quickly as possible...rather than wait and wait and wait and run around a little and wait and wait for someone to get open 40 yards downfield, only to throw the ball out of bounds.
    They have also tried deep. But they did that while running the ball and while max protecting. Whoever is blocking Watt should get a bonus. So should the guy helping him.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    I hope Lacy is a-watching this game tonight. Look at Blount. That's how a "big" back's supposed to look.
    Kinda. He was 4 for 11 yards to start the game.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Michael Irvin tweeted out of NE goes into Texans and wins tonight they should call is the Bellichek trophy
    He said he would re-engrave his.

Michael Irvin ‏@michaelirvin88 Sep 21
    If @Patriots beat @HoustonTexans on @NFLTNF w the 3rd QB. I will take off Lombardi & call these The Belichick Trophy��

Pats punter is something else. Just hit a 47 yarder that landed inside the 5, no return.
    --

Pat Chung is still in the league? Still with the Pats?

In a black and white - mostly black - league, it's nice to catch of a glimpse of yellow now and then.

NE has a nice defense but you can't turn the ball over on the road like Houston has and expect to win.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    They have also tried deep. But they did that while running the ball and while max protecting. Whoever is blocking Watt should get a bonus. So should the guy helping him.
    Both Watt and Clowney have both been invisible tonight.

Osweiler's been visible alright. Not for any good reasons...how does a 6'8" or whatever QB so consistently get balls batted down?
    --

I absolutely loathe New England for many reasons, but one thing I have to admit that's become painfully clear is that Belichick can game plan, scheme, and coach circles around Stubby. It never seems to matter who's out for them or which Fuckdoggle players of the week they're using, they always find ways to be competitive and they end up winning a lot of games that on paper they shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    I absolutely loathe New England for many reasons, but one thing I have to admit that's become painfully clear is that Belichick can game plan, scheme, and coach circles around Stubby. It never seems to matter who's out for them or which Fuckdoggle players of the week they're using, they always find ways to be competitive and they end up winning a lot of games that on paper they shouldn't.
    Don't forget that this is the AFC. And the Texans are objectively terrible. Osweiler is not good and Watt is hurt. Their secondary is worse now than it was when it was the weak link on an otherwise good defense.

The Texans play in the AFC South, which makes everyone seem on the brink of the playoffs so they are consistently considered one or two guys away.

Don't forget that this is the AFC. And the Texans are objectively terrible. Osweiler is not good and Watt is hurt. Their secondary is worse now than it was when it was the weak link on an otherwise good defense.

The Texans play in the AFC South, which makes everyone seem on the brink of the playoffs so they are consistently considered one or two guys away.
    I know pb but he has a history of doing it over and over again...year after year. He just knows how to put a game plan together that plays to the strength of his team regardless of who in the hell he has available to play. It's not just this game by any measure. I've been watching him do this for a long time. They supposedly didn't have any chance when they went to Arizona for the first game either. He's not afraid to change the damn game plan every week if he has to if it gives his team the best chance to be competitive and win. He just doesn't sit there and continue to try to pound a square peg into a round hole no matter how many times it fails like so many other coaches do.
    Last edited by SMBASS; 09-22-2016 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    I know pb but he has a history of doing it over and over again...year after year. He just knows how to put a game plan together that plays to the strength of his team regardless of who in the hell he has available to play. It's not just this game by any measure. I've been watching him do this for a long time. They supposedly didn't have any chance when they went to Arizona for the first game either. He's not afraid to change the damn game plan every week if he has to if it gives his team the best chance to be competitive and win. He just doesn't sit there and continue to try to pound a square peg into a round hole no matter how many times it fails like so many other coaches do.
    He did make his offense functional. But by the time they took a 20 point lead, the net yards for both teams were nearly equal. At that point it was a field position and special teams game. Which he was also winning.

Which is simply a long way of saying, he doesn't work miracles, but he doesn't leave any stone unturned either. He went through a long stretch where he could not draft to rebuild his D, but he has fixed that in the last couple of years. Its no mistake they got another Lombardi after that happened.

He did make his offense functional. But by the time they took a 20 point lead, the net yards for both teams were nearly equal. At that point it was a field position and special teams game. Which he was also winning.

Which is simply a long way of saying, he doesn't work miracles, but he doesn't leave any stone unturned either. He went through a long stretch where he could not draft to rebuild his D, but he has fixed that in the last couple of years. Its no mistake they got another Lombardi after that happened.
    I agree that he makes a lot of GM decisions that leave you scratching your head and I don't think he's necessarily one of the best in that capacity but strictly as a coach, he sure knows how to get the best out of whatever players he has a available and how to change the emphasis of his game plan from week to week depending on who they are playing. (Using Te's heavy, running heavy, short passing game, using backs as receivers, long passing game, etc.) In addition, he's a pretty good defensive minded coach as well. It seems to me that he has a lot of planning input on both sides of the ball.
    Last edited by SMBASS; 09-22-2016 at 11:16 PM.