Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Week 3 Other Games Thread

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Did anyone actual watch the NE - Hou game?

NE didn't whoop Hou in the conventional way. Hell, NE didn't even have 300 yards in total offense. Yes, that is correct in this amazing whooping the NE offense couldn't crack 300 yards and had 175 yards of passing offense.

The real story was the NE D and especially the special teams. NE special teams forced 2 turnovers and gave the O short field after short field. NE TD drives were 22, 21 and 47 yards. Yup, 90 yards of offense and 3 TDs. Hell, NE's filed goal drives were more impressive than their TD drives.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Did anyone actual watch the NE - Hou game?

NE didn't whoop Hou in the conventional way. Hell, NE didn't even have 300 yards in total offense. Yes, that is correct in this amazing whooping the NE offense couldn't crack 300 yards and had 175 yards of passing offense.

The real story was the NE D and especially the special teams. NE special teams forced 2 turnovers and gave the O short field after short field. NE TD drives were 22, 21 and 47 yards. Yup, 90 yards of offense and 3 TDs. Hell, NE's filed goal drives were more impressive than their TD drives.
    Exactly. And that is also how pathetic Bill O'Brien's offense is.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

https://t.co/O2Qrg5Dtvb

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 7m7 minutes ago
    Report: Jacoby Brissett suffers torn thumb ligament (which can only mean Drew Bledsoe’s coming back)

Let's talk about the Browns in 1988...
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Purple Jesus is on Injured Reserve.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    https://t.co/O2Qrg5Dtvb

Report: Jacoby Brissett suffers torn thumb ligament (which can only mean Drew Bledsoe’s coming back)

Let's talk about the Browns in 1988...
    That is too bad, but probably irrelevant. Tony Eason could step on the field tomorrow and that team would not miss a beat. But did you have a role in Brisset's bad fortune?

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    That is too bad, but probably irrelevant. Tony Eason could step on the field tomorrow and that team would not miss a beat. But did you have a role in Brisset's bad fortune?
    I foresaw nothing for Jacoby. In fact, I made the Packer Pick'em pick for New England and couldn't even remember his name while choosing them to win.

So...does Edelman get the start? Surely they have to add someone now!

Brady doesn't count against the 53 while suspended, right?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Purple Jesus is on Injured Reserve.
    Renegotiation or release upcoming. He's due over $17M+ next year...not that he was ever going to get that.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Expect Belichick to sign Nick Marshall off of Jacksonville's practice squad.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Maxie, you are a serious fan if you know who's on Jacksonville's practice squad.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Maxie, you are a serious fan if you know who's on Jacksonville's practice squad.
    I'm sort of following Nick Marshall's career. He's a QB (in college) who's got a canon arm and runs the option play better than most. He's also a pretty good CB. Plus, I think Belichick was interested in him coming out of college. Can't remember if he was actually on New England's roster in preseason one year. I think he was. I wanted the Packers to draft him.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Exactly. And that is also how pathetic Bill O'Brien's offense is.
    So the Patriots won because of blind luck getting turnovers and because Houston's offense is pathetic?
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    So the Patriots won because of blind luck getting turnovers and because Houston's offense is pathetic?
    That was a large part of it. Forcing turnovers is a skill, so they get credit for that. Recovering turnovers is the most random thing in the game of football other than the coin toss. So luck is involved there.

I am not saying Belichick isn't great. But miracle worker makes it sound like he created a brand new offense for the 3rd string guy to run in a week. He did not such thing.

He gave him a limited number of plays and had his other two units step up. And the Texans were the perfect opponent.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 10m10 minutes ago
    Without Adrian Peterson, the #Vikings will start RB Matt Asiata today, rather than Jerick McKinnon.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 10m10 minutes ago
    Without Adrian Peterson, the #Vikings will start RB Matt Asiata today, rather than Jerick McKinnon.
    McKinnon must be dinged up. Asiata is steady and can catch but not spectacular. It's gonna be real hard to best Carolina on the road.

Just a point about how easy it is to overestimate individuals in a team game, Five Thirty Eight's ELO ranking predictions, which I believe rely solely on past results (including two non-Brady games) had the Patriots beating the Texans 70% of the time.

So the QB alone is not enough to overcome a gap like that.

Vikings take the lead over Carolina. Really tough fight though, can go either way.

Bills with he lead? Kind of a shocker.

how is the packer lion game over, and the washington/giants game still has almost a full quarter to go?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    how is the packer lion game over, and the washington/giants game still has almost a full quarter to go?
    '

Injury?

Vikings beat Carolina going away.