View Poll Results: Who is most likely to be asked to leave at the end of the season?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aaron

1 7.14%
  • Mike

5 35.71%
  • Ted

8 57.14%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who Is Leaving At The End of the Season?

Who Is Leaving At The End of the Season?

This article is written as though the QB in question is about to be run out of town on a rail.

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...-aaron-rodgers

Its like reading quotes about Tyrod Taylor from Bills coaches, or a coach who has had to employ a McCown or McNown at QB after an injury to the actual starter. "We know he wants to quit making mistakes..."

I only know a few things. I know future injuries at key positions (watch out for Stafford this week) and my Word A Day calendar from 1989. But I also know that Aaron Rodgers might be 33rd on a list of people that Ted will run out of town due to an underperforming offense.

Time to step forward: Who is most likely to be asked to leave at the end of the season, Aaron, Mike or Ted?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Okay, this is my confession: I am hoping the Packers win the SB this year, and follow that up by trading Aaron Rodgers to the LA Rams.

He's wearing on me. I used to like the guy, but he's gotten defensive and touchy and seems to feel, if the presser is to be taken at face value, that he'll condescend to do some damn drills for the sake of the team, but really, he's kinda above that. Oh, and that he'll step up and be a leader and take responsibility - even if, you know, it's really not all his fault.

I think Rodgers has gotten a little too used to being unquestioned, and thus overly defensive. His play has slipped - tell me what you want about why it hasn't, but I don't buy the idea that somehow he's the same guy we saw even two years ago - but he doesn't want to hear it. I see what's happening to him as similar to what happened to Favre. Bigger than the team.

So I hope the team wins it all, and I hope they ship Rodgers away afterward for a boatload of high draft picks. I think MM would be rejuvenated working with a young QB again, and I believe Hundley has the talent to take this team to a SB.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Okay, this is my confession: I am hoping the Packers win the SB this year, and follow that up by trading Aaron Rodgers to the LA Rams.

He's wearing on me. I used to like the guy, but he's gotten defensive and touchy and seems to feel, if the presser is to be taken at face value, that he'll condescend to do some damn drills for the sake of the team, but really, he's kinda above that. Oh, and that he'll step up and be a leader and take responsibility - even if, you know, it's really not all his fault.

I think Rodgers has gotten a little too used to being unquestioned, and thus overly defensive. His play has slipped - tell me what you want about why it hasn't, but I don't buy the idea that somehow he's the same guy we saw even two years ago - but he doesn't want to hear it. I see what's happening to him as similar to what happened to Favre. Bigger than the team.

So I hope the team wins it all, and I hope they ship Rodgers away afterward for a boatload of high draft picks. I think MM would be rejuvenated working with a young QB again, and I believe Hundley has the talent to take this team to a SB.
    Trade Rodgers to the Rams for Goff and a conditional 2nd rounder.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

If its that bad with him, and it was pretty bad last week, do you play Hundley?

Or do you ride Rodgers through Week 16, a WC playoff loss and then trade him to Jeff Fisher?

BTW, an offensive player traded to Jeff Fisher is the "we'll send you to Green Bay" motivational technique of the 21st century.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    If they traded Arod to the LA Rams, then he'd for sure be running a West Coast Offense, right?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    If they traded Arod to the LA Rams, then he'd for sure be running a West Coast Offense, right?
    A Chuck Knox version, but yes.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    A Chuck Knox version, but yes.
    LOL. I guess I'll either have to make my puns better or forget them altogether! I was thinking "LA" ... "West coast?" ...
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Murphy and the Packers' capitalist pigs, err, board of directors oughtta ask Thompson to retire. Regardless of this season's outcome, the ole Polar Bear should call it a career, and with his millions in the bank, go back to ole Texas to herd sheep peacefully on ole Brokeback Mountain.

If Thompson refuses to retire, fire him.

Time for the Packers to hire someone who can, competently, utilize ALL aspects of the game - the draft, free agency and the trade market.

Fire McCarthy also and hire J-Mac from NE to run the whole she-bang.

No choice of "none of the above"?

It is patently RIDICULOUS to even suggest getting rid of Aaron Rodgers - for anything less than the Herschel Walker trade X about 5.

Dumping McCarthy wouldn't bother me, but no way it's happening. Dumping Ted would please me, but no way that's happening either - unless he just decided on his own to retire.

Who the hell is "J-Mac"?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    No choice of "none of the above"?

It is patently RIDICULOUS to even suggest getting rid of Aaron Rodgers - for anything less than the Herschel Walker trade X about 5.

Dumping McCarthy wouldn't bother me, but no way it's happening. Dumping Ted would please me, but no way that's happening either - unless he just decided on his own to retire.

Who the hell is "J-Mac"?
    Josh McDaniels, or as Bretsky is fond of saying, "Hoody Genius, Jr."

McDaniels is one arrogant motherfucker. 1st day on the job in Denver, told Cutler he sucked, that Brady was so-so til he showed up. Perhaps the Denver ordeal humbled the guy a bit.

Belichick is the greatest GM/Coach of this century. J-Mac holds a PhD in Belichickology.

It really is sorta funny. Two games into the season and we're firing everybody above corporal....not that there's anything wrong with that! Good thing we beat the Jags or there would be dogs lying dead in the street up there.

LOL. I guess I'll either have to make my puns better or forget them altogether! I was thinking "LA" ... "West coast?" ...
    No, I got you.

But Jeff thinks the pass game is just a fad. Like Chuck did.

Seriously??

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Seriously??
    YES!!!!! no I'm kinda bi-polar.

It really is sorta funny. Two games into the season and we're firing everybody above corporal....not that there's anything wrong with that! Good thing we beat the Jags or there would be dogs lying dead in the street up there.

True, true, Max. But part of the fun of being a fan is being able to overreact and make wild statements no one will remember, or will hardly remember, later on - unless your wild statements somehow turn out to be true, in which case you simply remind everyone forever and ever that you were right once; therefore, you know more than other fans.

I know my own statement about Rodgers is over the top. And of course, if he were being completely arrogant and playing great football, I undoubtedly would not care so much about his attitude.

I just think that when you're making the kind of money he is - compared not to us plebes, but to other NFL players - you're making that kind of dough because you're otherworldly talented - and you're the face of the franchise, so you're expected to lead. So you ought to earn your pay. And if you aren't playing otherworldly, then you better be leading in an otherworldly fashion. And Rodgers is not only not doing that, he's sounding like a whiny seventh grader.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Agreed Maxie - the poll needs a 'fuck off with the stupid questions already' option.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

True, true, Max. But part of the fun of being a fan is being able to overreact and make wild statements no one will remember, or will hardly remember, later on - unless your wild statements somehow turn out to be true, in which case you simply remind everyone forever and ever that you were right once; therefore, you know more than other fans.

I know my own statement about Rodgers is over the top. And of course, if he were being completely arrogant and playing great football, I undoubtedly would not care so much about his attitude.

I just think that when you're making the kind of money he is - compared not to us plebes, but to other NFL players - you're making that kind of dough because you're otherworldly talented - and you're the face of the franchise, so you're expected to lead. So you ought to earn your pay. And if you aren't playing otherworldly, then you better be leading in an otherworldly fashion. And Rodgers is not only not doing that, he's sounding like a whiny seventh grader.
    Actually, I agree 100%. I've said things similar myself.

He said in his presser that he doesn't care one iota about what his critics say, but you can't tell me he doesn't read his own press clippings. They're everywhere. I think Arod will use the criticism to prove to the world he's not washed up. He'll keep it like a chip on his shoulder, like he did when he got drafted so late.

I'm more worried about Stubby turning his game around than Arod.

Well, I can't necessarily disagree. McMike's not exactly tearing it up since he retook the coordinator's job back.

If Rodgers needs a chip on his shoulder to play well, then, okay - Rodgers sucks. It's his fault the offense sucks. He's not that great. He's over the hill already.

Okay, that ought to do the trick.

Now how can we get Stubby motivated...?

KYPack

Well, I can't necessarily disagree. McMike's not exactly tearing it up since he retook the coordinator's job back.

If Rodgers needs a chip on his shoulder to play well, then, okay - Rodgers sucks. It's his fault the offense sucks. He's not that great. He's over the hill already.

Okay, that ought to do the trick.

Now how can we get Stubby motivated...?
    Set red up with his daughter?

Brilliant idea.

Man up, Red.

Here she is.

KYPack