Thread: Official Week 3 Lions at Packers Game Day Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don't mind running on first down as they often do. Helps set up a second down where pass or run is an option and keeps play action viable. Though they too often start the game with a run. I don't remember the last pass to open a game.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I don't mind running on first down as they often do. Helps set up a second down where pass or run is an option and keeps play action viable. Though they too often start the game with a run. I don't remember the last pass to open a game.
    If you gain 7 or 8 yards, maybe, but how often does that happen with this O Line? Even then, likely as not, they will run on second, gain 1 or 2, then run and fail on 3rd and 1. Put the ball in the hands of the Franchise, and let him win it with Pass-First.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    If you gain 7 or 8 yards, maybe, but how often does that happen with this O Line? Even then, likely as not, they will run on second, gain 1 or 2, then run and fail on 3rd and 1. Put the ball in the hands of the Franchise, and let him win it with Pass-First.
    In the 2nd half our 1st down runs went for 8,7,0,4,2,-1. So that is 50% success rate against a team down multiple scores knowing you are trying to run more and grind clock.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston