Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Week 3 Lions at Packers Game Day Thread

Official Week 3 Lions at Packers Game Day Thread

It's a dirty job, and seems no one wants to do it. So here's the damn game day thread! Calling the Captain

Packers are not playing well. Confidence in the forum is at an all time low after a closer than it should've been win over the Jaguars and a loss to the Vikings with 2 weeks in the fold Bradford at QB and essentially no Peterson and a rookie WR who lit up the defense. Now a third of the starting D is out and it looks like a rookie is starting at Mathews position.

Good news is, it's the Lions! Packers at 7.5pt favorites, the only longer line is the Dolphins, who I'm sure are the only 0-2 team in history to be more than 9 point favorites! Plus, I have an idea to change this team's fortunes. No drinking for red until the Pack is up by 2 scores, and if that works it will be a new tradition.
    Last edited by Guiness; 09-25-2016 at 08:14 AM.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Your last line saved the day, Guinness.

Yeah, the injuries on defense...I can see what MM is doing there. Why risk aggravating injuries to Burnett, Matthews, Guion, and Jones, when you have a bye next week? He's thinking that way he'll get them back in two weeks, close to 100%. And he's hoping Peppers can give the team a lift this week.

Stafford is playing the best football of his career right now, despite a sub-par offensive line. (You hear that, Tex??) While Packer fans clamor for a third-down scat back who can catch the ball out of the backfield, that's all the Lions have in their running game.

Lions also not without their own injury woes: Ansah, Levy, Williams (other starting outside linebacker) all out.

The Packers really ought to win this,depleted defense or not. We've been gushing about the depth of the Packer defensive backfield, and wondering why MM kept so many d-backs. Well, let's find out.

If Rodgers and Company can't get untracked at home against this depleted Lions' defense, then we can all hit the panic button, hard.

Come on Packers, goddammit.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    It's a dirty job, and seems no one wants to do it. So here's the damn game day thread! Calling the Captain

Packers are not playing well. Confidence in the forum is at an all time low after a closer than it should've been win over the Jaguars and a loss to the Vikings with 2 weeks in the fold Bradford at QB and essentially no Peterson and a rookie WR who lit up the defense. Now a third of the starting D is out and it looks like a rookie is starting at Mathews position.

Good news is, it's the Lions! Packers at 7.5pt favorites, the only longer line is the Dolphins, who I'm sure are the only 0-2 team in history to be more than 9 point favorites! Plus, I have an idea to change this team's fortunes. No drinking for red until the Pack is up by 2 scores, and if that works it will be a new tradition.
    One quick correction. Wr that lit you up last week was a 2nd year player and not a rookie. I believe he led the team in rec yards last year before getting hurt later in the year.

any game links???

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Obligatory game day post.
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainKickass View Post
    Obligatory game day post.
    Obligatory quote of game day post
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

According to the forecast, they might get the game in before the rain hits. It's raining hard in Wausau right now, but it's moving off to the NNE.

At home, I predict a good game by the O Line but continued struggles in pass game. The run will be featured early until it starts to really hurt the Lions. Then the pass game gets its chance to shine again and it will be a mixed bag.

Closer than it should be 20-14, Packers win.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Now this is more like it.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 9m9 minutes ago
    The #Packers want more speed. They put in new packages for WRs Ty Montgomery & Trevor Davis this week to get it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Now this is more like it.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 9m9 minutes ago
    The #Packers want more speed. They put in new packages for WRs Ty Montgomery & Trevor Davis this week to get it.
    A little more detail:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...y-trevor-davis

Montgomery, a 2015 fifth-rounder, is finally healthy after ankle surgery, and will have the ball in his hands. He'll line up in the backfield and be moved around in a new set of plays that could allow him to flash his speed and talent. He's earned the playing time by showing more in practice.

As for the fifth-round rookie Davis, he's battled back from an AC joint sprain and is healthy. He's gotten just a handful of snaps, recently, but could get 15-20 Sunday. He'll start at kick returner, might return punts, and will be utilized for his wheels.

Michael Cohen
    ‏@Michael_Cohen13
    #Packers inactives:

QB Joe Callahan
    CB Sam Shields
    S Morgan Burnett
    LB Clay Matthews
    T Kyle Murphy
    DE Datone Jones
    DT Letroy Guion

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Pretty sure Monty was a 3rd rounder.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 4m4 minutes ago
    Michael Cohen Retweeted Michael Cohen
    Down five starters on defense. Hyde moves to safety, Peppers and Clark start up front, Rollins plays opposite Randall in base.

Blog Entries
    A big factor in this game is Theo Riddick vs our ILB's. Martinez will probably be the chase backer with more cover responsibility. Stafford will be looking for some quick releases to take the heat off himself. Our lads will have to be quick and get this guy covered or can be real trouble.

Tank, you set a personal world record for yourself. An actual post with true information in it. No fan boy bullshit, real data that meant something. Did Bretsky help you or something?

Lol, what up KY?

I like The Packers today in this one unless their defense really struggles with the guys out. I kinda doubt it though.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    A big factor in this game is Theo Riddick vs our ILB's. Martinez will probably be the chase backer with more cover responsibility. Stafford will be looking for some quick releases to take the heat off himself. Our lads will have to be quick and get this guy covered or can be real trouble.

Tank, you set a personal world record for yourself. An actual post with true information in it. No fan boy bullshit, real data that meant something. Did Bretsky help you or something?
    Ras helped me. He was being a smart-ass pointing out that diggs aint no rook so I mimicked him.

Bte Ras, enjoy the afterglow of last week's Queens victory while it lasts. Your team beat us by 3 pts while our qb played like Brooks Bollinger. You lost the Switch Hitter. Your season is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Ras helped me. He was being a smart-ass pointing out that diggs aint no rook so I mimicked him.

Bte Ras, enjoy the afterglow of last week's Queens victory while it lasts. Your team beat us by 3 pts while our qb played like Brooks Bollinger. You lost the Switch Hitter. Your season is done.
    He plays like Brooks every week these days!

Packers 27
    Lions 20

I'm pleased to hear Jimmy Johnson agrees with me about Aaron Rodgers and the O Line.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

of course the talking heads on the pregame radio show, think that its still early and the offence will figure it out, especially tauch, who said a couple times, that its only been 2 games

denial running rampant