Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 3 vs Lions

More Banjo: Week 3 vs Lions

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 8m8 minutes ago
    McCarthy: Excellent home opener win today. Excited for our football team to get first division win, first home win.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 7m7 minutes ago
    McCarthy: Proud of these guys. We improved today as a football team. #DETvsGB

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 5m5 minutes ago
    McCarthy on offense: Execution. Thought our players did excellent job throughout the week. They were dialed in. Lot of explosive plays.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 2m2 minutes ago
    McCarthy: I thought Eddie (Lacy) had a nice game. Running downhill, getting his shoulders square & getting clean looks. #DETvsGB

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1m1 minute ago
    McCarthy: Jordy (Nelson) played well. Took advantage of his opportunities. He had a nice day. #DETvsGB
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I read on Twitter that everyone hurt came back in. I think that report was obviously wrong for Cook.

But Martinez and Randall did come back after leaving the field.

Hyde, Randall, and the rest of the secondary had awful games
    Go PACK

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 2m2 minutes ago
    Aaron Rodgers: It's a good win for us. Division opponent. Nice to be back home after several weeks on the road.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 46s47 seconds ago
    Rodgers: Jordy & I connected. Whenever we're doing that it kind of opens things up for the offense. #DETvsGB

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 27m27 minutes ago
    Rodgers on #Packers offense: I care about winning. We need to harness that feeling we had in the first half & keep doing that stuff.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 25m25 minutes ago
    Rodgers on Week 4 bye: Not a big fan of it, but it comes at a good time for us health-wise.
    Last edited by pbmax; 09-25-2016 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I read on Twitter that everyone hurt came back in. I think that report was obviously wrong for Cook.

But Martinez and Randall did come back after leaving the field.
    Randall should have stayed in the Locker room

IMO the reason Detroit stayed in the game was because the Lions took advantage of our extremely thin D line, no CM3 and 2 starting DBs out.

Frontrunning is back and it feels so good.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    IMO the reason Detroit stayed in the game was because the Lions took advantage of our extremely thin D line, no CM3 and 2 starting DBs out.
    It also helped them that stubby took his foot of the gas, yet again.

Is this a thing that happens to all NFL teams? Is it human nature to relax, or is it the prevent defense and the conservative playcalling?

I get, to some extent, backing off on defense so you don't get burned for a quick touchdown. But wait, didn't that happen anyway? It wasn't until the end of the game, when Dom went back to a more aggressive defense and MM let Rodgers throw that slant to Adams, that they salted it away.

That second half kinda took some of the joy out of that game.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    It also helped them that stubby took his foot of the gas, yet again.
    This is just wrong.

Detroit was eating up possession in the second half with long sustained drives (due to Packers thin D).

We had one drive stall for a FG due to a holding penalty.

One drive end due to a drop by Cobb

Another drive basically end due to a Trevor Davis drop

In the above drives McCarthy called excellent plays, I believe. You want to run the clock out and put the team in manageable 3rd down distances. That was achieved but the players did not execute as well as they should have.

On the final drive Lacy made some great runs to end the game.

Now please explain to us how the foot was taken off the gas? Should we throw every single play and eat up only 20 seconds off the clock on a drive? Then we will be reading posts from you about how the play calling sucks and McCarthy didn't feed Lacy who had a great day?
    I am better looking than you.

Dang, Arclite. All that factual recounting. You're messing me up, man.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Sorry.

Would hate to get in the way of a good 'Fire McCarthy' narrative
    I am better looking than you.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The turnover is in the wrong column, the only one of the game was Randall's INT/Strip.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by arcilite View Post
    This is just wrong.

Detroit was eating up possession in the second half with long sustained drives (due to Packers thin D).

We had one drive stall for a FG due to a holding penalty.

One drive end due to a drop by Cobb

Another drive basically end due to a Trevor Davis drop

In the above drives McCarthy called excellent plays, I believe. You want to run the clock out and put the team in manageable 3rd down distances. That was achieved but the players did not execute as well as they should have.

On the final drive Lacy made some great runs to end the game.

Now please explain to us how the foot was taken off the gas? Should we throw every single play and eat up only 20 seconds off the clock on a drive? Then we will be reading posts from you about how the play calling sucks and McCarthy didn't feed Lacy who had a great day?
    but we didn't eat time off the clock, and they destroyed us in the TOP battle

not to mention we saw a-rod going back to looking for the deep balls too many times

sure you could sit there and blame the lack of offense in the second half on 3 plays. but the fact is, we came out with a different game plan both on offense and defense in the second half.

why stop what was working so well in the first half?

a rod was 3-6 for 31 yards in the second half.

does that look anywhere close to the same type of output we had in the first half?

you have to have balance on offense. i think we called 9 pass plays the whole half

and we called somewhere around 12 or 13 runs (not counting kneel downs and qb scrambles or sacks)

so we did go run heavy in the second

Quote Originally Posted by arcilite View Post
    Sorry.

Would hate to get in the way of a good 'Fire McCarthy' narrative
    I don't want to see McCarthy fired. If he got fired, he'd have a new job in about two minutes.

I just want to bitch.

Though I am happy they won, and in the big picture, honestly, it's a win without a bunch of starters, and you could say the team just let down.

But that baseless bitching sure was fun.

KYPack

Okay, double post, but I don't care. Here's what Jeff Seidel of the Detroit Free Press wrote after the game:

"The Packers were tougher. They were smarter. And they were better coached, jumping out to a 31-3 lead."

Wow. Tough? Smart? Well-coached?

Maybe we're all too inside our heads. Or maybe the Lions just suck really bad. I don't know.

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I don't want to see McCarthy fired. If he got fired, he'd have a new job in about two minutes.
    and i call that mike sherman syndrome

both of the last 2 mikes are very similar IMO, both did next to nothing as far as coaching was concerned, both just rode HOF QB's to success

many packer fans couldn't believe we could get rid of such a winning coach as sherman. he did jack squat after leaving green bay BTW

hell, if a lot of packer fans had their way, sherman would probably still be the head coach. and the sad thing is, we probably would have won just as many super bowls in that timeframe