Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers Bye Week Thread

Official Packers Bye Week Thread

No Packer game. Guess I'll rest up and...Oh wait. I have to work this week.

In that case, hope the Packers rest up and get healthy.

Rumors are a high ankle sprain for Cook. So I guess that means it could be minor, or could end his season as it did for Montgomery last year. These seem to be all over the board on severity.

Devon Cajuste is on the PS. He'll probably be activated.

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/.../Devon-Cajuste

Devon Cajuste
    School: Stanford
    Position: TE
    Positive: Two-year starter who posted a career-best 34 receptions, 557 yards and 6 TDs as a junior. Nice sized college receiver who projects to tight end or H-back at the next level. Moves well down the field, splits the seam and extends his hands to offer the quarterback a target. Displays both focus as well as concentration, looks the ball into his hands and makes the difficult catch. Fights to separate from opponents, finds the open spot on the field and comes away with the tough catch in a crowd. Uses his frame as an advantage, winning out in battles. Does the little things well.
    Negative: Does not possess the 2nd gear or ability to run to the deep throw. Will double catch passes and does not display naturally soft hands.
    Analysis: Cajuste offers the size, skill and growth potential to move to tight end at the next level and comes with tremendous upside. If he focuses on the task at hand Cajuste could be a very productive NFL player.
    A coverted wide receiver. Draft Insider had him projected as a 4-5 round pick. Probably passed over because seen as a tweener.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Devon Cajuste is on the PS. He'll probably be activated.
    why? who's been ir'd or cut? haven't heard any bad news.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    why? who's been ir'd or cut? haven't heard any bad news.
    If Cook is out for a while, they're down to 2 TE's. Rodgers and Perillo.

If Cook is out for a while, they're down to 2 TE's. Rodgers and Perillo.
    they can get by with that if it's a short term thing...which we all hope it is.

Losing Cook is big
    - Cap'n Obvious.

Roster spots are getting tough. No obvious surplus except WR to free up a spot to sign another TE if Cook will be out a few weeks. They have a lot of DBs, too, but with Shields and Burnett out the surplus isn't all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Roster spots are getting tough. No obvious surplus except WR to free up a spot to sign another TE if Cook will be out a few weeks. They have a lot of DBs, too, but with Shields and Burnett out the surplus isn't all that much.
    They're getting to the point where 7 WR's is a luxury they can't afford. I don't think they can go with just 2 TE's, especially if Ripkowski's back is still an issue. So they probably cut Geronimo Allison and promote Cajuste or sign a free agent. Dare I mention Andrew Quarless?

They're getting to the point where 7 WR's is a luxury they can't afford. I don't think they can go with just 2 TE's, especially if Ripkowski's back is still an issue. So they probably cut Geronimo Allison and promote Cajuste or sign a free agent. Dare I mention Andrew Quarless?
    Allison is on the Practice Squad, not the regular roster. If they cut a WR it will be Abbrederis, Janis or Davis.

Hate to say it, but based on how they have been used so far, Abbrederis might be the most likely to be cut among WRs.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    My "hymn for the weekend", I'll probably go play in a disc golf tournament down there yonder near Madison. If I get lonely at night at the Super 8, I might give Harlan's floozy a call.

How many of you middle-class fuckers/zombies/robots play disc golf? Or do you think you're too rich for the sport? I know a few capitalist pigs who would rather play disc than ball golf.

Played ball golf straight outta college. After a while, got sick of being around pompous capitalist pigs and mindless middle-class motherfuckers. Plus, I flip burgers for the minimum-wage, so the sport was eating up a large percentage of my minimum-wage paycheck. The opportunity cost of practicing and playing ball golf just to suck at the game just a little less diverted my hard-earned bucks elsewhere - DISC GOLF.

Awesome game.

Life is a drink and love's a drug...

I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

One solution would be to activate the Stanford tweener and IR Cook with the idea of returning him once the ankle is healed. By that time they will have suffered at least one season-ending injury and the roster won't be so crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Allison is on the Practice Squad, not the regular roster. If they cut a WR it will be Abbrederis, Janis or Davis.

Hate to say it, but based on how they have been used so far, Abbrederis might be the most likely to be cut among WRs.
    I think you're right about Abby if they cut a WR. Janis has more ST value, and Davis is a deep threat they need.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    One solution would be to activate the Stanford tweener and IR Cook with the idea of returning him once the ankle is healed. By that time they will have suffered at least one season-ending injury and the roster won't be so crowded.
    That would work if they are certain Cook will be out at least 6 weeks. They probably won't want to do that if they think he can be back within a month or so.

for what it's worth:

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Some good news on Packers TE Jared Cook's ankle injury. Despite being on crutches and in a boot after Sunday's game, it's not a season-ender, according to multiple sources, but it's still to be determined whether he'll miss just a week or multiple weeks following the Packers' bye.
    1d

Interesting article for the week.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...wns-stop-them#

Blog Entries
    Thus far, linebackers, defensive line and offensive line have been strengths according to McGinn's film study, defensive backs the clear weakness. Pretty much the polar opposite of what most thought coming into the year. I think the arrow's pointing up for QB and receivers. Hopefully the front 7 can continue to pressure the passer and anhiliate opponents' running game to help the backfield out. Burnett seems to be more important than I have given him credit for in the past. As many have mentioned Shields is pretty important too.

.........................Jax.....Min.....Det.....T otal
    Receivers............2.5......1........4........7. 5
    Offensive Line.......4......2.5......4.5.......11
    Quarterbacks.......3.5......1........4........8.5
    Running Backs......3.5....2.5......3.5......9.5
    Defensive Line......3.5......4........4.......11.5
    Linebackers...........4......4.5.......4.......12. 5
    Defensive Backs....3.5.....1.5.....0.5.......5.5
    Kickers.................3.5.....1.5.....4......... .9
    Special Teams........2........4.......4.........10

Burnett missed the whole preseason, and much of training camp. He looked rusty in the first 2 games before he got hurt. I think it's been a big factor. The CB's other than Shields are really young and will have some ups and downs. It would help to have the kind of safety play we saw last year. Hasn't been there yet.

I have been a little disappointed by HaHa in the deep part of the field. Maybe he is to worried about errors in front of him to keep errors from happening behind him.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I have been a little disappointed by HaHa in the deep part of the field. Maybe he is to worried about errors in front of him to keep errors from happening behind him.
    It could be. Burnett regressed when paired with M.D. Jennings, then got better when paired with HaHa. That could be happening with HaHa now to a somewhat lesser extent. .