Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Official Packers Bye Week Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I have been a little disappointed by HaHa in the deep part of the field. Maybe he is to worried about errors in front of him to keep errors from happening behind him.
    Good point and I'd say right on. If he needs to be the field general he loses some of the aggressiveness that he needs to make plays. Also in Burnett's absence teams have targeted Hyde more. I'd say Hyde has been part of the problem back there and I think it has to do with his lack of size and range more than communication and coordination. He's too small to handle Tight Ends in man and too slow to get to the sideline and cover half the field in 2 deep zone.

I know Tank's high on Brice and over time, so am I. Hopefully they won't need to ask much of him too early but if Burnett's hammy is going to be a recurring problem like it seems, he may need to step up before the year's out.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Good point and I'd say right on. If he needs to be the field general he loses some of the aggressiveness that he needs to make plays. Also in Burnett's absence teams have targeted Hyde more. I'd say Hyde has been part of the problem back there and I think it has to do with his lack of size and range more than communication and coordination. He's too small to handle Tight Ends in man and too slow to get to the sideline and cover half the field in 2 deep zone.

I know Tank's high on Brice and over time, so am I. Hopefully they won't need to ask much of him too early but if Burnett's hammy is going to be a recurring problem like it seems, he may need to step up before the year's out.
    Agree with you regarding Hyde. Mr. Hyde is an abomination, especially in coverage.

Burnett appears to have lost a step, something he can't afford to lose b/c he pretty much epitomized mediocrity in his heyday.

Post bye, Packers oughta start K-Brice at the "free" and switch Clinton-Dix to the "strong", where he is more natural. Dix lacks the speed needed to be a bona-fide free. K-Brice is 4.4 fast; a poor man's Nick Collins, maybe.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Hyde also has bricks for hands.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Finishing INTs would have finished the Lions much earlier. There is that.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.