Thread: Cowboys Working Hard to Downgrade an Injury

Cowboys Working Hard to Downgrade an Injury

PFT: https://t.co/dTgXinrw7E

What was previously described as a hairline fracture in Dez Bryant's leg became something that Jerry Jones declared Bryant would be able to play though depending on his tolerance for pain.

When that explanation didn't fly, Ian Rapaport was given this gem this weekend:

“Source who has seen his results said a knee like his is commonly referred to as a bone bruise,” Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports. “No long-term risk.”
    Except that glides past two issues:

NBC Sports Medicine Analyst Mike Ryan explained on Friday’s PFT Live that playing with a fracture is about more than playing with pain.

“You can put any kind of fancy adjective up front, call it a hairline fracture or a stress fracture, it’s still a crack in the bone,” Ryan said. “So the concern here is the fact of the injury itself getting worse. A fracture can always get worse. And if the rumors are true that it is in the tibia plateau, that’s a weight-bearing surface. . . . The biggest concern here is more of the injury itself worsening, not necessarily pain management.”
    “A bone bruise is a pooling of blood in the bone secondary to high-impact trauma,” Ryan tells PFT regarding the revision to the assessment of the injury. “With any bone fracture there will be significant bleeding in the bone.”
    Bryant skipped out on a MRI this week, and I think missed reporting to team headquarters. Presumably because he doesn't agree with Jerry's public doctoring.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Commented on that in another thread
    http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...g-the-bye-week

Have to think Jones is way out of line here.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    PFT: https://t.co/dTgXinrw7E

What was previously described as a hairline fracture in Dez Bryant's leg became something that Jerry Jones declared Bryant would be able to play though depending on his tolerance for pain.

When that explanation didn't fly, Ian Rapaport was given this gem this weekend:

Except that glides past two issues:

Bryant skipped out on a MRI this week, and I think missed reporting to team headquarters. Presumably because he doesn't agree with Jerry's public doctoring.

Actually it appears meetings and treatments are optional if your name is Dez Bryant.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...new-in-dallas/

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Actually it appears meetings and treatments are optional if your name is Dez Bryant.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...new-in-dallas/
    Interesting. Wonder if Jones' comments were then aimed at something larger than this one incident?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Interesting. Wonder if Jones' comments were then aimed at something larger than this one incident?

I have no idea what those asshats are doing. They seem to have no control over the people that work for them. I've given up trying to determine Jerruh's motives.

I think it's the real doctoring that Dez doesn't agree with. His not playing is a product of the modern culture of hyper-caution. I'm pretty sure he would not have missed a game if was up to him - and not the damn team doctors.

As for Jerry Jones, say what you want about the way he and his family run a team, but his O Line is second to none - I WISH the Packers were half as good in that area; He drafted a RB who may turn out to be the greatest thing since Emmitt Smith - who he also drafted; And he got a QB in the 4th round who reminds me of Aaron Rodgers. The D he has put together ain't bad either. He's got a kicker who might just be the best ever in the NFL and a punter who can actually punt.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I think it's the real doctoring that Dez doesn't agree with. His not playing is a product of the modern culture of hyper-caution. I'm pretty sure he would not have missed a game if was up to him - and not the damn team doctors.

As for Jerry Jones, say what you want about the way he and his family run a team, but his O Line is second to none - I WISH the Packers were half as good in that area; He drafted a RB who may turn out to be the greatest thing since Emmitt Smith - who he also drafted; And he got a QB in the 4th round who reminds me of Aaron Rodgers. The D he has put together ain't bad either. He's got a kicker who might just be the best ever in the NFL and a punter who can actually punt.
    The OL is very good, Elliott is great and Dak looks to be their QB of the future. However, they are already nearly 17M over the cap for next season and that's for 42 players and are in some serious cap trouble. They have to do some big time renegotiations with their roster. Tony Romo can save them some money next year if they decide that he's done, but only about 5M. They get in a better situation in 2018 as Romo's contract can be almost wiped from the books, as I think he's done and the 'Boys should just go with Dak going forward. Will definitely be an interesting watch to see how this plays out with them.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Who drafted Emmitt Smith?

Who drafted Emmitt Smith?
    Jerry Jones - you think differently?

Jerry Jones - you think differently?
    Pretty sure that was Jimmy Johnson.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    We're about to see how good/bad that defense really is. Haven't really been tested yet. They have a couple of pieces on that D but their pass rush is suspect.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Pretty sure that was Jimmy Johnson.
    I suppose they were both in the room, but Jerry was/is the boss.

Funny stuff, assuming you are not a Cowgirls fan.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ez-has-missed/

lol.......