Thread: Have You Noticed This?

Have You Noticed This?

Here's something that bugs me, and I wonder if others see it, too :
    Whenever the Inside Linebackers - and sometimes DBs - crowd up near the line of scrimmage before the snap as if to rush - and then back off if the QB delays the snap while barking out commands....... they ALWAYS wind up rushing. They NEVER seem to change things up by dropping back into coverage.
    If I am an offensive coordinator watching tape, this would be a huge tipoff, and would instruct the QB that when seeing this, a quick pass toward the middle would find a vacated void.
    And it sure seems that teams are making hay on us with passes into the middle of the field.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Actually, a 'void' would BE 'vacated'. My bad.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Gotta watch for zone blitz in those scenarios.

On one play, Perry and Fackrell/Elliot dropped into coverage in the middle when they double a gap blitzed.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Here's something that bugs me, and I wonder if others see it, too :
    Whenever the Inside Linebackers - and sometimes DBs - crowd up near the line of scrimmage before the snap as if to rush - and then back off if the QB delays the snap while barking out commands....... they ALWAYS wind up rushing. They NEVER seem to change things up by dropping back into coverage.
    If I am an offensive coordinator watching tape, this would be a huge tipoff, and would instruct the QB that when seeing this, a quick pass toward the middle would find a vacated void.
    And it sure seems that teams are making hay on us with passes into the middle of the field.
    Its called making a hot read. Some are brilliant (rodgers and rivers) some suck at it (vick and cutler).
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Yes, the middle of the Packer D still seems soft. Maybe Joe Thomas's patrolling will get better.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack