View Poll Results: More responsible for the Packers Offensive uptick: Lions D or Packers O?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lions Defense

12 92.31%
  • Packers Offense

1 7.69%

Thread: Packers Offense: Did the Packers or the Lions fix it?

Packers Offense: Did the Packers or the Lions fix it?

The Detroit Lions defense is ranked 31st at Football Outsiders (helped there by the Packers, though going into the game they were 27th).

Did the Packers solve their offensive woes or were the Lions the greatest placebo a team ever got?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Until the Packer offense produces consistently over an entire 4 quarter game against something better than a bottom feeder defense, there isn't anyone who can declare this offense as fixed.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

I think it's a 50-50 deal. What to do? What to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I think it's a 50-50 deal. What to do? What to do?
    Does a Packers offense that can dominate a terrible defense for a half represent a healed and fully operational Packers Offense/Death Star?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I voted Lions D but now that I see it is the.popular choice I am filled with voter's remorse.

Regrets, I've had a few. But then again, too few to mention

Just saw that the Opponent QB rating of the Lions is 120.2. Mariotta was at 102.8 against them (25/33, 238 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT) and Luck was at 119.5 (31/47, 385, 4, 0).
    AR's game was nothing special (15/24, 205, 4, 0), just more efficient in getting TDs than Luck was.

So is the consensus our offense still stinks?

It doesn't stink but it isn't yet as consistent as it needs to be. The second half was pretty clear evidence in support of that.

And what's with the Colts this year? Isn't Andrew Luck supposed to be good? Yet he only showed it against the Lions...

Is he the new David Carr?
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    And what's with the Colts this year? Isn't Andrew Luck supposed to be good? Yet he only showed it against the Lions...

Is he the new David Carr?
    His offensive line is absolute horseshit. He has FRANK GORE as a running back. That guy was washed up 4 years ago. Hilton is the only receiver who has better than average talent, but he's still not a top 10 guy in the league.

Luck is a very good QB...the fact he doesn't have a negative QB rating is evidence of that. The Colts have completely wasted any chance to ride Luck as they did Manning because their owner is a drunken moron who couldn't tell his asshole from a hole in the ground.

Oh...and the Colts defense is refried dog turds as well.

I'll go with the idea that mostly the porous Lions D made our offense look good, although some semblance of intelligent pass-first play calling in the first half also helped a LOT. Reverting to the run-first shit and basically taking the ball out of Rodgers' hands in the second half proved to be stupid even against a sorry defense.

McCarthy better get his shit together play calling-wise, or a much better Giants D and a much better Giants running game on offense are gonna give the Packers major problems.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I remember a bad Bears defense holding this offense down last year so performing against a bad D as expected is part of the healing process.

They also scored 27 against the mid-ranked (15) defense of Jacksonville.

And 14 against the 3rd-ranked D of Minnesota, a defense which is being mulled as Broncos-level.

Seems to me that so far they are what they always have been... a top-10 offense that can score against mediocre-to-bad defenses but struggles against top-10 units.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    His offensive line is absolute horseshit. He has FRANK GORE as a running back. That guy was washed up 4 years ago. Hilton is the only receiver who has better than average talent, but he's still not a top 10 guy in the league.

Luck is a very good QB...the fact he doesn't have a negative QB rating is evidence of that. The Colts have completely wasted any chance to ride Luck as they did Manning because their owner is a drunken moron who couldn't tell his asshole from a hole in the ground.
    I believe he is a drug addled moron, not a drunken one.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I'll go with the idea that mostly the porous Lions D made our offense look good, although some semblance of intelligent pass-first play calling in the first half also helped a LOT. Reverting to the run-first shit and basically taking the ball out of Rodgers' hands in the second half proved to be stupid even against a sorry defense.

McCarthy better get his shit together play calling-wise, or a much better Giants D and a much better Giants running game on offense are gonna give the Packers major problems.
    We'll see how wonderful the Giants' defense is tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I remember a bad Bears defense holding this offense down last year so performing against a bad D as expected is part of the healing process.

They also scored 27 against the mid-ranked (15) defense of Jacksonville.

And 14 against the 3rd-ranked D of Minnesota, a defense which is being mulled as Broncos-level.

Seems to me that so far they are what they always have been... a top-10 offense that can score against mediocre-to-bad defenses but struggles against top-10 units.
    I can see this. The Vikings game worries me though. Mostly, its my worry that Rodgers has lost the thread about pocket discipline and deep throwing.

The on again off again pass protection has once again screwed up the QB's game.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    I believe he is a drug addled moron, not a drunken one.
    No, he's most certainly a boozer...got a big fine from the league for getting busted while driving drunk. However, I'm sure he's an equal opportunity abuser and probably is a heavy contributor to putting trace amounts of certain drugs on various denominations of American currency.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    No, he's most certainly a boozer...got a big fine from the league for getting busted while driving drunk. However, I'm sure he's an equal opportunity abuser and probably is a heavy contributor to putting trace amounts of certain drugs on various denominations of American currency.
    Tight twisted Benjamin.