Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
I think it's the real doctoring that Dez doesn't agree with. His not playing is a product of the modern culture of hyper-caution. I'm pretty sure he would not have missed a game if was up to him - and not the damn team doctors.

As for Jerry Jones, say what you want about the way he and his family run a team, but his O Line is second to none - I WISH the Packers were half as good in that area; He drafted a RB who may turn out to be the greatest thing since Emmitt Smith - who he also drafted; And he got a QB in the 4th round who reminds me of Aaron Rodgers. The D he has put together ain't bad either. He's got a kicker who might just be the best ever in the NFL and a punter who can actually punt.
The OL is very good, Elliott is great and Dak looks to be their QB of the future. However, they are already nearly 17M over the cap for next season and that's for 42 players and are in some serious cap trouble. They have to do some big time renegotiations with their roster. Tony Romo can save them some money next year if they decide that he's done, but only about 5M. They get in a better situation in 2018 as Romo's contract can be almost wiped from the books, as I think he's done and the 'Boys should just go with Dak going forward. Will definitely be an interesting watch to see how this plays out with them.