Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: running backs

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    So you think Lacy will be the second highest paid RB in the league, behind only AP?

I don't think he will get anything close to that.
    jamaal gets 9 lesean gets 8, stewart gets 7

i bet lacy can get near that. like everyone keeps telling me when i say cobb is nowhere near a 10 million dollar receiver. times have changed and the cap keeps going up. 8 million will seem like 1 million in just a couple years

add into that the fact that when healthy and not 300 pounds, lacy is a true featured back, and m3 has no clue or no need for a featured back. other teams will see that he can control a game if give the bulk of the carries, not just split time. in a system that actually sees the run as a tool, not just an inconvenience, i bet you he could put up 1500 yards a season

how often does a young featured back hit the open market?

Averages based on total contract values:

Peterson - $14M/yr.
    McCoy - $8.01M/yr.
    All others - less than $8M/year.

The same things that caused Lacy to be available when GB drafted will keep his contract down now.

Averages based on total contract values:

Peterson - $14M/yr.
    McCoy - $8.01M/yr.
    All others - less than $8M/year.

The same things that caused Lacy to be available when GB drafted will keep his contract down now.
    yeah, you're wrong

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/.../running-back/

like i said

ap-14
    jamaal charles- 9.05
    leseasn mccoy- 8.0
    jonathan stewart- 7.3
    doug martin- 7.15

hold up, charles has funny money

he got a 2 year 18 million (9 a year) extension with 2 years left on his old deal. i can't figure out where that would put him, maybe in the 7 million a year range?

so lets say eddy gets around 7 a year, i think that can easily happen

lacy has put up slightly better numbers then doug martin, and is younger. no reason he can't get the same if not better deal

also, leveon bell is in the last year of his rookie deal, as the best back in football, i'm sure he's gonna set the market for rb

AP money seems a little much, but maybe 10 a year for bell, with lots of money tied to him not getting suspended again

and you know whats funny

bell 775 attempts 3356 yards (4.3 ypa) 21 tds. 205 receptions for 1805 (8.8 ypc) and 4 tds receiving

lacy 788 attempts 3435 yards (4.4 ypa) 23 tds. 101 receptions for 900 yards (8.9) and 6 tds receiving

bell is considered by many to be the best back in the game right now
    Last edited by red; 11-24-2016 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    yeah, you're wrong

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/.../running-back/

like i said

ap-14
    jamaal charles- 9.05
    leseasn mccoy- 8.0
    jonathan stewart- 7.3
    doug martin- 7.15
    or, you are wrong:

http://overthecap.com/position/running-back/

or, you are wrong:
    yes, thanks. i've already established that

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    also, leveon bell is in the last year of his rookie deal, as the best back in football, i'm sure he's gonna set the market for rb

AP money seems a little much, but maybe 10 a year for bell, with lots of money tied to him not getting suspended again

and you know whats funny

bell 775 attempts 3356 yards (4.3 ypa) 21 tds. 205 receptions for 1805 (8.8 ypc) and 4 tds receiving

lacy 788 attempts 3435 yards (4.4 ypa) 23 tds. 101 receptions for 900 yards (8.9) and 6 tds receiving

bell is considered by many to be the best back in the game right now
    Lacy's problem is simple. There were questions about Lacy's injury history and durability coming out of college, and those questions remain and are maybe enhanced. The Packers have been very good at structuring contracts to pay a player well if he remains productive, but to give the team an out with minimal cap hit if he doesn't. No reason not to do that with Lacy

I desire a RB to be drafted with high intelligence combined with the skills necessary to succeed in the NFL. I desire someone in this mold:

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

^ And how many of them exist in the NFL right now Woodbuck?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    ^ And how many of them exist in the NFL right now Woodbuck?
    That question has little to do with my desire.

In any case please inform me of how many exist in the NFL. I am of the opinion that there are not many in his class.

I do love Ezekiel Elliott. A huge game changer for the Cowboy.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-03-2016 at 12:04 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Elliot's interesting to watch. He doesn't seem to have super moves, or super speed, and he gets hit often near the line of scrimmage. Yet he seems to gain 7 yards on carries other rb's would gain 2 on.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Elliot's interesting to watch. He doesn't seem to have super moves, or super speed, and he gets hit often near the line of scrimmage. Yet he seems to gain 7 yards on carries other rb's would gain 2 on.
    he's bigger and faster than emmit and dishes out punishment where emmit would avoid as much contact as possible. they're going to be scary for several years...dammit! when witten retires that'll be a blow to them. dak loves witten and beasley the most but is warming up to dez as the weeks pass.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    That question has little to do with my desire.

In any case please inform me of how many exist in the NFL. I am of the opinion that there are not many in his class.

I do love Ezekiel Elliott. A huge game changer for the Cowboy.

There is one like him, a workhorse who is just as effective in the pass game.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Lacy's problem is simple. There were questions about Lacy's injury history and durability coming out of college, and those questions remain and are maybe enhanced. The Packers have been very good at structuring contracts to pay a player well if he remains productive, but to give the team an out with minimal cap hit if he doesn't. No reason not to do that with Lacy
    This, plus all the weight controversy will drive down his price. He'll still get a good chunk of interest though. I don't think he'll get over $7M, and if he does it probably won't be GB. I'd prioritize other players over him. This is also a very good draft class for RB.

Lacy may not have missed most of the season if he would have had a chance to sit from the initial injury. I said that night that TT's ineptness at having RB depth was going screw up Lacy. TT and stubby have zero appreciation for the RB position. So I wouldn't mind seeing Lacy go somewhere that he is appreciated and PAID.