Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: running backs

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    He is going to be Samkon Gado 2.0.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I like the optimism, KY. We ought to get this settled pre-emptively: IS DAVIS ELIGIBLE FOR THE FUCKDOGGLE???
    He is first inline this week if he scores a TD and we win.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Does anyone know what became of the Packer's interest in Jhurell Pressley? They must like Don Jackson as much or more than him. Strange, they liked him well enough to sign him to the 53-man right after the Vikings cut him, but as soon as they needed the roster spot, they cut Pressley. That part is understandable for a young guy. What doesn't make sense is when they got short-handed, why didn't they once again show interest? Perhaps in the limited sample-size they had of him, the determined that Jackson was just as promising, but I don't know if they would have signed Jackson like they did Pressley, which is the curious part.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Does anyone know what became of the Packer's interest in Jhurell Pressley? They must like Don Jackson as much or more than him. Strange, they liked him well enough to sign him to the 53-man right after the Vikings cut him, but as soon as they needed the roster spot, they cut Pressley. That part is understandable for a young guy. What doesn't make sense is when they got short-handed, why didn't they once again show interest? Perhaps in the limited sample-size they had of him, the determined that Jackson was just as promising, but I don't know if they would have signed Jackson like they did Pressley, which is the curious part.
    They wanted Pressley for the Vikings scouting report.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    This guy sounds like shit. This is suppose to be one of the easier spots to fill. And we trade for a 3ypa fumbler
    At this point in the season I can't believe there is a lot to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    At this point in the season I can't believe there is a lot to choose from.
    It should have never gotten to this point. Just another TT fuck up.

Where is Zac Crockett?

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    It should have never gotten to this point. Just another TT fuck up.
    Let me see, the GM is at fault because both RBs get injured and need surgery. Probably true, because we don't have a first round draft pick sitting on the bench and two 3rd rounders that every other team wanted on the practice squad. Also the GMs fault that our top 3 CBs are unavailable because of injury and we don't have a couple of first rounders on the practice squad that we can call up for this very eventuality. Probably should have a Tony Romo type on the bench waiting to play if AR has accuracy issues against Atlanta. The GM also forgot to get that 2nd fast TE during the offseason in case Cook hurts his ankle. Pretty sure that the GM should have picked up 2 all pro WRs so that we could have 9 WRs on the roster in case Abby gets hurt or Davis and Janis don't progress.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Where is Zac Crockett?
    Crockett is on Injured Reserve list.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

John Crockett, former Bison

I wonder who they are targeting to bring back later. Hopefully, either Shields or Lacy will be back. I haven't heard anything about Linsley. He should be getting off the PUP list soon.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Linsley is practicing.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

ray rice

what about brandon burks?

he led the team in carries in preseason and is available

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    ray rice

LOL yeah. McGinn's "What Price Glory" piece gets dusted off.

never mind (I made a ray lewis joke. )

hard to keep the murderers and wife beaters straight.
    Last edited by Harlan Huckleby; 10-24-2016 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    Let me see, the GM is at fault because both RBs get injured and need surgery. Probably true, because we don't have a first round draft pick sitting on the bench and two 3rd rounders that every other team wanted on the practice squad. Also the GMs fault that our top 3 CBs are unavailable because of injury and we don't have a couple of first rounders on the practice squad that we can call up for this very eventuality. Probably should have a Tony Romo type on the bench waiting to play if AR has accuracy issues against Atlanta. The GM also forgot to get that 2nd fast TE during the offseason in case Cook hurts his ankle. Pretty sure that the GM should have picked up 2 all pro WRs so that we could have 9 WRs on the roster in case Abby gets hurt or Davis and Janis don't progress.
    What he said.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Yes, why wasn't Ted clairvoyant enough to see all of these injuries last summer?

Montgomery was a high school running back, converted to WR in college.
    During the draft some said his NFL future was a running back
    MM was dabbling with him in the backfield last year.

Why do so many talk about this as a gimmick now?

Yeah except it was known Starks was missing a few weeks, and that Lacy was banged up before the Dallas game. And no moves were made to supplement the roster. So we attempted to play a game with a one legged tailback and two of our 4 best receivers at running back. Lacy is ran into the ground and requires surgery after the game. Of course that is a huge fuckup by TT/MM. No way to sugarcoat that. Your other points are mostly debateable. Obviously not about having 9 receivers on the roster, but our production from TE s , 2nd string running back, and our 5-7 receivers has been pathetic this season even when healthy. Largely what TT has created.

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Yeah except it was known Starks was missing a few weeks, and that Lacy was banged up before the Dallas game. And no moves were made to supplement the roster. So we attempted to play a game with a one legged tailback and two of our 4 best receivers at running back. Lacy is ran into the ground and requires surgery after the game. Of course that is a huge fuckup by TT/MM. No way to sugarcoat that. Your other points are mostly debateable. Obviously not about having 9 receivers on the roster, but our production from TE s , 2nd string running back, and our 5-7 receivers has been pathetic this season even when healthy. Largely what TT has created.
    Thanks for saving me the typing. That was a spot on reply.