Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: running backs

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    No reason he can't be a combo RB/WR like Sproles.

If he can block a lick, its the perfect job. Stick him where you get instant mismatch.
    I like Monty coming out of the backfield. He can run, run screens, shift out to a WR position...tons of options. Can he throw?
    C.H.U.D.

Hope I am wrong, but that kid has been all hype and no production so far. Seahawks replaced him with Thomas Rawls as soon as they could.
    Really what can it hurt at this point? If he flops, they are no worse off.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    I like Monty coming out of the backfield. He can run, run screens, shift out to a WR position...tons of options. Can he throw?
    cobb can but I don't think we've seen it. mm is saving it for the perfect time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Lots of injuries, someone's backup gets released. Michael is the 3rd RB, one more than previous.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    We did good the last time we got a Sea RB, Ahman Green
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Packers have to get lucky sometime with a situation like this. maybe this is that time. our o-line is much better than sea's.

Jackson put on ir after knee injury today.

Lol

Hope I am wrong, but that kid has been all hype and no production so far. Seahawks replaced him with Thomas Rawls as soon as they could.
    But at this point, what do we have to lose?? If he doesn't work out big freaking deal. If he does, good for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    But at this point, what do we have to lose?? If he doesn't work out big freaking deal. If he does, good for us.
    Very true.

Blog Entries
    Things you hear that you didn't know, Dept..

Christine Michael was selected the next pick (61) after Eddy Lacy in the 2013 draft.

Something else I didn't realize until I saw it today. why are we carrying two fullbacks on the roster when we really don't play one of em? Joe Kerridge is the same size as the Ripper, but neither of 'em see the field. Couldn't we use that spot for another RB, WR, or CB or something?

Man, this is a weird year.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Things you hear that you didn't know, Dept..

Christine Michael was selected the next pick (61) after Eddy Lacy in the 2013 draft.

Something else I didn't realize until I saw it today. why are we carrying two fullbacks on the roster when we really don't play one of em? Joe Kerridge is the same size as the Ripper, but neither of 'em see the field. Couldn't we use that spot for another RB, WR, or CB or something?

Man, this is a weird year.
    Kerridge was brought up to help the hemorrhaging special teams. He took that WR's place.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

What a cluster.
    C.H.U.D.

A little more background on the Packers new running back:

According to a scout familiar with Michael, talent isn't an issue. But Michael "needs to learn how to be a pro," the scout said.

Michael is 5-10, 215 pounds. He ran a 4.47-second 40-yard dash, posted a 43-inch vertical jump, benched 225 pounds 27 times and had a broad jump of 10-feet, 5-inches at the 2013 NFL combine. His vertical leap and broad jump led all running backs that year.

Packers are the only team in the nfl without a TD from a running back.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...istine-Michael

" ESPN Packers reporter Rob Demovsky does not expect Christine Michael to "make much, if any, impact" on Sunday's game in Washington.

Especially for a player of Michael's track record, it would seem extremely aggressive to anticipate him making any immediate impact after one week of practice.

Michael is just a stash-and-hope deep-league prayer in re-draft fantasy "
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

No production? I checked and he's averaging 4 yards a carry this season. Perhaps a change in scenery will do him good.

He wasn't having a terrible season for the Seahawks to this point.

117 carries/469 yards/6 TD rushing
    20 rec/96 yards/1 TD rushing

2 fumbles, 1 lost

Not sure what really happened to cause him to be released--maybe they really did just need the roster spot--but the Pack's FO has ties with Seattle's so you'd assume they'd have good information on him.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Packers are the only team in the nfl without a TD from a running back.
    Fugly.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Not sure what really happened to cause him to be released--maybe they really did just need the roster spot--but the Pack's FO has ties with Seattle's so you'd assume they'd have good information on him.
    I think this explains why:

Immaturity has been Michael's biggest problem. A second-round pick of the Seahawks in '13, he did not distinguish himself with some of his actions on the field, including celebrating a first down he thought he got but actually didn't because he slowed down near the marker, waving off running back Marshawn Lynch as he came in to replace Michael and intermittently missing assignments.

“You might see the great cut one time and then not the next, and it’s the exact same scenario,” offensive-line coach Tom Cable told the Seattle Times in 2014. “He comes across and makes a great blitz pickup one play and then he’s supposed to chip and then, ‘Oh, I’m going to get out for my route, and oops I forgot to chip.’

"It’s just being able to put a good play together and then a good one the next time and the next time. When that becomes his habit, then he owns it. Right now he doesn’t own it.”

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...vers/93982224/