Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: running backs

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Makinton Dorleant is going to save our season?
    No, but he did run a 4.39 forty and had a 39" vertical, so at least he provides the speed and athleticism they will lose when Goodson gets put on IR. He also was a special teams standout in college, so he can replace Goodson there, too.

MM said the medical opinions are that neither Lacy nor Shields will be cleared this year. Apparently Lacy isn't even putting weight on his ankle yet.

It sounds like Dorleant is the only one on IR worth giving a shot. Anyone not on IR now won't be available before the end of the season anyway. Might as well give him an opportunity and see what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I don't think so. Lacy had his 2nd chance.
    he's, the team told him to lose a lot of weight, and we got that one sideline report during an earlier game that said, despite what was being said publicly about the huge weight loss, he had actually only lost 5 or 10 pounds.

and as PFT reported in october, whatever he did lose, he had put it all back on and he was back between 255 and 265

a far cry from the 230-235 that the team wanted him to be at this year

they gave him his second chance, and failed. plus at that weight, theys no guarantee that he could have kept up the early season success for a whole season

and now that he's been on IR, he could be in the 270-280 range, or higher

maybe he can play o-line, or NT

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I don't think so. Lacy had his 2nd chance.
    His second chance? How and when? He was still on his rookie contract. They might get him for a year or two relatively cheap. That shouldn't prevent them looking for someone new, but Lacy could be a nice complement, if healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    he's, the team told him to lose a lot of weight, and we got that one sideline report during an earlier game that said, despite what was being said publicly about the huge weight loss, he had actually only lost 5 or 10 pounds.

and as PFT reported in october, whatever he did lose, he had put it all back on and he was back between 255 and 265

they gave him his second chance, and failed. plus at that weight, theys no guarantee that he could have kept up the early season success for a whole season

If they could get him cheap to be a second option at RB, why not?
    We don't know that he could have kept up his early season performance, but we also don't know that he couldn't have, either.
    Several said he might not have been much smaller, but he clearly was in better condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    His second chance? How and when? He was still on his rookie contract. They might get him for a year or two relatively cheap. That shouldn't prevent them looking for someone new, but Lacy could be a nice complement, if healthy.
    after is fat ass could barely run at the end of last season the team demanded that he lose a ton of weight

“I think I’m stating the obvious,” coach Mike McCarthy said last month. “His offseason last year was not good enough and he never recovered from it. I had a chance to talk to Eddie today and that was pretty much the majority of our whole conversation. So he has to get it done because he cannot play at the weight that he played at this year.”
    maybe it wasn't exactly a second chance, but it was an ultimatum. his old coach saban even told M3 to bench him to force him to lose weight

and eddy failed pretty badly

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    If they could get him cheap to be a second option at RB, why not?
    We don't know that he could have kept up his early season performance, but we also don't know that he couldn't have, either.
    Several said he might not have been much smaller, but he clearly was in better condition.
    it would have to be cheap, like under 4 million a year, and i honestly don't know if he'll even see the end of his next contract

m3 knows eddy can't/won't lose weight, other coaches might think he can, and give him big time money, thinking they are the ones that can get him slimmed down

i wouldn't doubt he could get in the 8-9 million a year range from someone

Lacy could be a fullback. if so he'd be the best fullback the Packers have had in many years. he wouldn't be waste of space like most. he could be an actual weapon at that position. if he gets no bites from other clubs give him a shot.

actually, not a bad idea

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    Lacy could be a fullback. if so he'd be the best fullback the Packers have had in many years. he wouldn't be waste of space like most. he could be an actual weapon at that position. if he gets no bites from other clubs give him a shot.
    I love it. Bring back the old Pro Set and Single Wing. Hornung and Taylor all over again.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

even fullbacks don't have a beer belly.

Last edited by Harlan Huckleby; 11-23-2016 at 04:47 PM.

Lacy will be back.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    If you did resign Lacy on the cheap, who would you prefer to pair with him in the backfield, Fournette or McCaffery?
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Lacy is gone. I'm sorry, but it is illogical to assume that every other NFL is going to pass on the guy and leave him in the scrap heap. If James Starks can get paid $2M a year, then you damn well know that Lacy will command twice that from somebody...even with all his "issues". Green Bay isn't going that high with him.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

$4 million would probably be the low end for Lacy. I also doubt they pay to keep him. That doesn't bother me much. They could lose Starks too, and it wouldn't hurt. I like Montgomery as a RB. I would like to see us draft a RB but not in the first round. It shouldn't be that difficult to find somebody with speed and power. A lot of other teams have done it.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Time to get these predictions on the record. Lacy will be a Packer in 2017.

Poll to come.

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...Roster-in-2017
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I don't recall anyone on the team publicly declaring what weight they wanted Lacy to report at last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I don't recall anyone on the team publicly declaring what weight they wanted Lacy to report at last summer.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...lose-30-pounds

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported the Packers want Lacy to lose 30 pounds. Rapoport added the running back is committed to dropping that chunk of weight through offseason training and camp. Packers officials have had several discussions with Lacy's representatives and all sides admit something must be done.
    i am so fucking sick of people now all of a sudden saying that anonymous sources don't count like they are just made up out of the blue. you know why we have anonymous sources? because companies have things called non disclosure clauses. people WILL be fired and probably sued if it ever came out that they leaked the info.

that doesn't mean that the info is false

but people these days just love sticking their heads in the ground and covering their ears and eyes and blasting anonymous sources as just made up shit, because they can't stand to hear anything remotely negative about the people they worship

Who in the hell is worshiping Eddie Lacy?? All I said was I don't remember anybody on the Packers saying PUBLICLY they want Eddie to lose X number of pounds. MM said Eddie couldn't play at the weight he was in 2015 and Eddie came back in shape this past summer and was playing great until that ankle injury. Eddie isn't gonna demand big money on the open market so why not sign him to a "prove it" contract in 2017?

Anonymous sources existed long before non-disclosure agreements. The only reason to be suspicious of them is that there is often an agenda of some sort behind any source. You can make an estimation of trustworthiness if you know who the source is. With an anonymous source, the best you can do is guess which side the leak if from.

That said, I believe Rap Sheet on this one. I expect everyone was happy with Lacy until he put the weight back on over the summer. But unlike 2015, he looked like he was in some semblance of shape.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

i wouldn't doubt he could get in the 8-9 million a year range from someone
    So you think Lacy will be the second highest paid RB in the league, behind only AP?

I don't think he will get anything close to that.