Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: running backs

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Davis is basically a faster version of James Starks.

It looks like they see Davis as a possible replacement for Starks (i.e., a backup for Lacy), not a change of pace, 3rd down weapon that can run pass routes and make people miss in the open field.

Meh
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

I have to say, though, that Davis didn't look all that bad in KC's preseason victory over GB. 14 carries; 58 yds.; 4.1 avg.; Broke a 20 yd. run.; 2 targets; 1 reception for 7 yds.

After that game I was thinking, hmm, that guy might look good in green and gold. So who knows? Like the article said, he's better than nothing.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Who did Thompson cut to make room for Davis? I'd be extremely jolly if Mr. Hyde was traded straight up for Davis.

I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Davis is basically a faster version of James Starks.

It looks like they see Davis as a possible replacement for Starks (i.e., a backup for Lacy), not a change of pace, 3rd down weapon that can run pass routes and make people miss in the open field.

Meh
    What's with the "meh" talk? I don't like your attitude, young man. Sit up straight.

He's a faster and youger version of Starks. What's not to like?

I criticize some of TT's non-moves, but I do trust he can evaluate the available options. This is undoubtedly the best talent to be found with Halloween just around the bend.

This is very good news. Hopefully the new guy can play Starks out of a job.

I have to say, though, that Davis didn't look all that bad in KC's preseason victory over GB. 14 carries; 58 yds.; 4.1 avg.; Broke a 20 yd. run.; 2 targets; 1 reception for 7 yds.

After that game I was thinking, hmm, that guy might look good in green and gold. So who knows? Like the article said, he's better than nothing.
    There you go. Always look on the bright side of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    There you go. Always look on the bright side of life.
    On the other hand, the last preseason game...Isn't that the NFL schedule's version of Garbage Time? Am I wrong? Did I revert back to curmudgeoness? Do I have to change my avatar back to this?

This is my profile pic on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    This is my profile pic on Facebook

What the GD hell is this "Facebook" thing everybody seems to always be talking about???

Davis did pretty well a few years ago with KC when Jamaal Charles got hurt. A faster Starks (with a little less power) is about right. Probably a conditional 7th.

I like Knile and am anxious to see what he can do. He played well in a couple of opportunities when Charles was injured, but seems to have fallen down the depth chart. He has good size, speed and strength. At 5'10" and a little heavier he's a lot more compact than Starks and more likely to be able to carry the load.

On the other hand, couldn't we just get Noah Herron? I checked and he is available
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Davis has potential, but was always in the doghouse. Not sure if that was just because of the fumbles or issues in pass protection.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Yep, he had a few big games in the past but I think fumbling has always held him back. Have to wonder if this means Lacy will be inactive on Thursday. Jackson/Davis as the RB's is scary pass protection wise.
    Go PACK

i'll bet they put starks on ir now.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    What the GD hell is this "Facebook" thing everybody seems to always be talking about???
    Facebook is a social media website. It is the brainchild of a pompous Jewish kid while said Jew was attending some fancy university. Originally, Facebook was developed as a communication tool, via this fab, new thing called the Internet, for "elite" kids at "elite" universities the world over. After a while, the Jew realized that he could make a couple of bucks by granting access to anyone with internet access and an email account. Subsequently, the Jew disavowed the "elitism" of Facebook and, after stealing a few things from myspace, took the site mainstream.

Despite all we've been through here at Packerrats, Nutz still refuse to tell me his real name. What he doesn't know is that I am pretty good at deductive reasoning. After some deductions, I've come to the conclusion that Nutz's real name is Peter. Peter Griffin. Sent him a friend request about 3 years ago. Fucker still hasn't accepted my friendship. Apparently, Nutz uped the privacy setting of his facebook page a bit. I can't follow his interesting life.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    i'll bet they put starks on ir now.
    From your lips to God's ears.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Davis has potential, but was always in the doghouse. Not sure if that was just because of the fumbles or issues in pass protection.
    Guy is only 25. Youthful indiscretions.

We know what we got with Starks. As far as pass protection, Starks only rarely stayed in to block, as pbmax will readily verify. (actually, it could be the game I was obsessed with Starks the Giants weren't blitzing much.)

There is a tiny chance that Starks has been worthless thus far due to a nagging knee problem that has been corrected with a cartilage nip and tuck. And butts may fly out of my monkey.

I think Davis is a good pick up. At least they did something, but I still think they need another RB. It would be nice to let Lacy rest if needed.

The next tackle Starks breaks will be his first. Never seen a RB run so awkwardly as he has this year.

Blog Entries
    This is it.

All of us (espec. Harlan) know the dangers inherent when a goofy poster starts outing people with their true names and information on the net. The anti-Semitism is bad enough, but trolling peoples info is big time grounds for banning a poster.

He was banned, now is the time to enforce it before he causes even more shit to rain down.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    This is it.

All of us (espec. Harlan) know the dangers inherent when a goofy poster starts outing people with their true names and information on the net. The anti-Semitism is bad enough, but trolling peoples info is big time grounds for banning a poster.

He was banned, now is the time to enforce it before he causes even more shit to rain down.
    Trying to figure out if the name reference in that rant was intended to be meta.

But probably not.

No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.