Another opinion on Rodgers: Dougherty: Rodgers' tape doesn't lie

Basically, Dougherty compared tape from the Dallas game this year to tape from a Minnesota game in 2011.

Bottom line?

Maybe the biggest thing that jumped out is that Greg Jennings clearly was Rodgers’ favorite target and a player he generally had no qualms throwing to even when the receiver was in traffic or fairly well covered. I didn’t look at the stats going in, but it was no surprise to find out afterward that Jennings caught seven passes for 147 yards.

That plays into a second point. It wasn’t like the difference was night and day, but Rodgers played with a quick throwing rhythm more than he has for most of the last year.

I also have to say that while Rodgers’ accuracy was better in ’11, I didn’t see an obvious difference in his throwing mechanics. That’s another critique that has cropped up this season.
But that was 2011, not 2016. Circumstances have changed. Jordy Nelson coming off anterior cruciate ligament surgery isn’t the player he was, so there’s no receiver as good as Jennings was. For that matter, there’s no one who poses the threat Finley did, either.
How to fix what's ailing Arod?
So coach Mike McCarthy has to find a way to get Rodgers to play without them like he did with them. Going forward, you wonder if the injuries at running back that have McCarthy deploying a new spread offense might help there.

With four- and five-receiver sets, the ball often has to come out fast even if no one is really open. Perhaps necessity will turn back Rodgers’ clock.
Not much new. It's all been said here before.