Thread: OFFICIAL AARON THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    As far as planting his back foot from shotgun or a straight dropback, striding into the throw and taking a hit, it almost never happens. Just as Brett Favre fell into poor throwing mechanics later on during the Mike Sherman years, Rodgers is following suit.

You see a lot of all-arm throws, skipping into throws, firing off balance and across his body. He sails one pass, bounces another. At times, his feet don’t work in unison with his torso. His deep-ball accuracy, once extraordinary, has improved somewhat from a year ago when it was embarrassingly bad for a player of his stature.
    It's shocking to me how his mechanics have declined. It used to be what set him apart from the merely good quarterbacks. Is McCarthy not stressing mechanics as he once did, or is Rodgers uncoachable? McCarthy recently got upset in his PC about the perceived negativity others see in his offense. My guess is he knows Rodgers is the main problem, but doesn't want to publicly say it. Favre went through a period like this in 1999-2000, and was able to largely reverse the decline. Rodgers could do it too, but it starts with acknowledging the problem exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    It's shocking to me how his mechanics have declined. It used to be what set him apart from the merely good quarterbacks. Is McCarthy not stressing mechanics as he once did, or is Rodgers uncoachable?
    Do to the limitations on players' contact with coaches during the off-season, MM's QB school has been diluted to being nothing special. MM has complained numerous times that there is no longer time allowed in the off-season to work on QB mechanics. While this seems most applicable to young QBs, it also applies to vets who get in bad habits.