Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL AARON THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    what's ailing Rodgers is the major topic on all the tv sports talk shows so far this week.
    Did you see Jennings on "the Herd" yesterday? He and others that know Rodgers had some interesting things to say. One common consensus was that he's sensitive, nice way of saying he's a pussy. Another was that he commonly talks down to people including coaches and his relationship with stubby is tenuous at best. There was also many good things said about him as well. Another common thought was that there is definitely something wrong with him since Denver last year.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    what's ailing Rodgers is the major topic on all the tv sports talk shows so far this week.
    Sucks that Skip Bayless is no longer at ESPN.

His and Stephen A's arguments were probably plain acts, but they were, at times, pretty funny - intellectually.

Haven't checked yet, but would love to know what Skip has to say 'bout ole 12 this week.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Sucks that Skip Bayless is no longer at ESPN.

His and Stephen A's arguments might had been plain acts, but they were, at times, pretty funny - intellectually.

Haven't checked yet, but would love to know what Skip has to say 'bout ole 12 this week.
    He gets into it pretty good with Shannon Sharp on their new show.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Next year would be the perfect time to replace Stubby with a man who has a true prospective on Coach/QB communication and on the aerial circus which is the post-modern NFL:

After listening to him in the booth during the last game, it's no surprise to me his attempt at broadcasting fizzled so dramatically. The man knows the football game inside and out and can probably talk to amazing depths on the nuances, but he stumbled so much trying to keep it summarized for the plebeians. He'd probably do better as a coach than a commentator, but no idea how well he'd do there.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

i think he was trying to be politically correct too.

He can talk ina presser about himself all damn day, but to talk football as it's happening, yeah, not good.

the DUDES!

I will just leave this hear for future reference.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Kaep can thank the Packers for his rank.

I know PB responded to my Rodgers rant with an analysis that suggested the wide receivers and coaching staff bore the brunt of the responsibility. He knows more about football, so he's probably correct. I do, however, stand by my assertion that Rodgers is not the same guy he was a few short years ago. I am concerned he's turning into Steve Sax.

But maybe Mikey Mike will start scheming differently and trying to free up some guys.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I know PB responded to my Rodgers rant with an analysis that suggested the wide receivers and coaching staff bore the brunt of the responsibility. He knows more about football, so he's probably correct. I do, however, stand by my assertion that Rodgers is not the same guy he was a few short years ago. I am concerned he's turning into Steve Sax.

But maybe Mikey Mike will start scheming differently and trying to free up some guys.
    He is definitely the same guy. And those arguing that he was inaccurate and mechanics were playing a part were right too. But he still not Brian Hoyer. There are other factors.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

dvoa?

dvoa?
    Defense adjusted Value Over Average. The percentage is how much better the player is compared to the average ranking plays by a play's success.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/info/methods#dvoa

I think Matt Stafford looked better today than Rodgers has all year. I'm not sure if his receivers were any more open than Rodgers's receivers. Maybe they were.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Defense adjusted Value Over Average. The percentage is how much better the player is compared to the average ranking plays by a play's success.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/info/methods#dvoa
    thx

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Another opinion on Rodgers: Dougherty: Rodgers' tape doesn't lie

Basically, Dougherty compared tape from the Dallas game this year to tape from a Minnesota game in 2011.

Bottom line?

Maybe the biggest thing that jumped out is that Greg Jennings clearly was Rodgers’ favorite target and a player he generally had no qualms throwing to even when the receiver was in traffic or fairly well covered. I didn’t look at the stats going in, but it was no surprise to find out afterward that Jennings caught seven passes for 147 yards.

That plays into a second point. It wasn’t like the difference was night and day, but Rodgers played with a quick throwing rhythm more than he has for most of the last year.

I also have to say that while Rodgers’ accuracy was better in ’11, I didn’t see an obvious difference in his throwing mechanics. That’s another critique that has cropped up this season.
    But that was 2011, not 2016. Circumstances have changed. Jordy Nelson coming off anterior cruciate ligament surgery isn’t the player he was, so there’s no receiver as good as Jennings was. For that matter, there’s no one who poses the threat Finley did, either.
    How to fix what's ailing Arod?
    So coach Mike McCarthy has to find a way to get Rodgers to play without them like he did with them. Going forward, you wonder if the injuries at running back that have McCarthy deploying a new spread offense might help there.

With four- and five-receiver sets, the ball often has to come out fast even if no one is really open. Perhaps necessity will turn back Rodgers’ clock.
    Not much new. It's all been said here before.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Interesting he didn't see mechanics as the issue. He has publicly acknowledged following Favre's lead of learning to throw without a planted back foot in a collapsing pocket to avoid the hit on a planted leg.

If you have ever watched Joel Stave (wonderful human being, not an accurate thrower on move), you also know Rodgers practicing throwing while moving and having to set and reset quickly.

I think the Jennings point comes down to trust and ability to get open. But M3 still should avoid basing his offense on that kind of throw, the most difficult to make.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I think guys tend to underestimate Jennings because of the way he left. The guy was probably the best WR we've had in a decade. He had speed, hands, smarts and RAC ability. We couldn't have won the Super Bowl without him. We need to acquire another stud like him while Aaron is still here.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Jennings and Rodgers made some beautiful music together.

Kind of like Coldplay.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I think guys tend to underestimate Jennings because of the way he left. The guy was probably the best WR we've had in a decade. He had speed, hands, smarts and RAC ability. We couldn't have won the Super Bowl without him. We need to acquire another stud like him while Aaron is still here.
    +1

Jennings was also a great route-runner. Arguable the greatest route runner in Packer history. The coaches need to show Janis some Jennings highlights.

I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.