Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL AARON THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

HILARIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    LONG LIVE ANTON RODGERS!!!!!
    Brandon Marshall, MAN...!!
    Jimmie Johnson: Nascar's G.O.A.T......

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    With a little luck and backward compatibility with the in cranium mobile web browsers we will all have Apple install by 2020, this thread will live to 552 Pages like Brett's.

First words by Aaron to Brett upon meeting in Green Bay?

“Good morning, grandpa!”

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/gun...rlman-excerpt/
    i am SO disappointed you started this thread PB..come on; youre better than that!! the Lord Favre thread is a classic, an institution..

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous View Post
    i am SO disappointed you started this thread PB..come on; youre better than that!! the Lord Favre thread is a classic, an institution..
    I AGREE. HENCE THE IMITATION!

FLATTERY ONLY, I PROMISE!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I AGREE. HENCE THE IMITATION!

FLATTERY ONLY, I PROMISE!
    haha..and I was just being silly. I have not been around here lately so certainly curious about people's perspectives on AR at this point. Clearly I have made it clear that I respect your's and a few other poster's take on things. What is the most commonly held position on AR's skills, etc? Well known that I've had a man crush on Favre for a few decades. And I assumed all the Favre bashers say that AR has passed him by in packer's lore. I'm too lazy to read through all the posts so would just totally appreciate a synopsis from yourself or other vet posters like freakout harvey patler woodbuck and others.

as far as things other than their skills and performances, I hate to toot my own horn but off the break, immediately i realized AR had jerk tendencies. my friends present with so much angst when they have to admit i was right nowadays. at the end of the day, we dont REALLY know these people. It was just clear to me that Lord is some one id MUCH rather have a beer with. I know this has nothing to do with the game. just curious about other's perspectives

As of now, it is looking like Favre may just wind up with more Super Bowl appearances and just as many Super Bowl wins as Rodgers.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/10/16/nfl...hts-storylines

Aaron Rodgers is not playing very good football right now, with the latest evidence being his fumble deep in Cowboys’ territory when Green Bay needed a score. Even before that, Rodgers too often looked confused and unable to find open receivers to his liking despite having good pass protection. And people, especially those in Wisconsin, are going to be freaking out all week about it. I get it. But Rodgers is still an excellent football player, and he will be again in short order. This actually could be good for Rodgers and coach Mike McCarthy, as long as they don’t panic. This is a situation where Rodgers, not usually one to ask for help, needs to listen to his coach, and vice versa. They need to come together and fix this offense. Regardless of what McCarthy thinks, it’s not working for Rodgers or the team. The Packers need to find a way to get their offensive groove back, and they need to do that together.

I think I've heard that one before. Until it gets fixed, I am coming around to the idea that things have grown stale with the Packers. Maybe it's not Rodgers but the relationship. Eleven years is a long time to be the head coach of a team.

Some where in here we have a thread about an article that reviewed long term coaches. They used a cutoff of 7 or 8 years, I think. Something like that. Generally, coaches who stayed beyond that were not as successful in the second part of their careers as they were in the first. As I recall, the difference was significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Some where in here we have a thread about an article that reviewed long term coaches. They used a cutoff of 7 or 8 years, I think. Something like that. Generally, coaches who stayed beyond that were not as successful in the second part of their careers as they were in the first. As I recall, the difference was significant.
    This is my concern right now. The best evidence I have against it is Bill Cowher.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

How do head coach searches work in the NFL? Does the team post a job ad somewhere? Or is it more of an internal process?

Blog Entries
    SOME STUNNING STATS PER ESPN RADIO I WAS LISTENING TOO ON AROD

QB Ranking - 20th in the NFL among starting QB's
    Yards per game- 24th among staring QB's in the NFL
    Yards per thrown- 27th amount starting QB's in the NFL

There was a bunch of other shit too. The point was .......we always used to say Aaron Rodgers isn't playing up to his standards. Right now that is out the window. He's a BELOW AVERAGE STARTER ...perhaps MARGINAL STARTING NFL QB

I fully expect him to bounce back.....but hopefully real soon !!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

This is my concern right now. The best evidence I have against it is Bill Cowher.
    Not sure that is the greatest evidence either.

Yes, he won a Super Bowl near the end of his stint in Pittsburgh. You can't argue with that.

However, going deeper, he went to the playoffs each of his first 6 years as a head coach...with double digit wins all but one year, which was 9. Very strong early in his career.

His last 9 years as coach of the Steelers? Only 4 seasons where the team reached double digit wins and the playoffs. If he hadn't gotten Roethlisberger as a QB in those last few years to give the offense some kind of threat throwing the ball, I'm sure the ending would have mirrored many of the other coaches who stayed in one place too long.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Not sure that is the greatest evidence either.

Yes, he won a Super Bowl near the end of his stint in Pittsburgh. You can't argue with that.

However, going deeper, he went to the playoffs each of his first 6 years as a head coach...with double digit wins all but one year, which was 9. Very strong early in his career.

His last 9 years as coach of the Steelers? Only 4 seasons where the team reached double digit wins and the playoffs. If he hadn't gotten Roethlisberger as a QB in those last few years to give the offense some kind of threat throwing the ball, I'm sure the ending would have mirrored many of the other coaches who stayed in one place too long.
    His team was in need of a GM and there was a struggle in the front office between personnel and Cowher. They lost a lot of vets and the ones they kept were expensive. It was not perfect by any means. But he adapted with the times.

Another factor in a long term coach's favor is the roster turnover. Fewer long term vets around. Message might not be quite as stale.

Packers offense will turn it around just enough for everyone to be back again next year so we can do it all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    Packers offense will turn it around just enough for everyone to be back again next year so we can do it all over again.
    That's what I think as well. My personal theory is Aaron must have gotten hurt pretty badly in that Denver game because he just hasn't been able to make the throws since. Mentally and physically he doesn't seem like the same player.

Sadly, I think if they continue to stink it up this year, coach MM is not back next year. Which is a damn shame because I think he is a tremendous coach. Aaron will obviously be the starter next year, but it is hard to say whether he'll be the starter the year after if he continues on the path he's on. Time will tell I guess - this could all be moot if he turns it around. It doesn't seem likely in my opinion he'll ever be an MVP candidate again though, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    The NFL is designed to disassemble dynasties. That could bias those stats. Bellicek & Brady had their dip. Now they're back.

Rodger's problems are in his head. He'll get his groove back someday with some team.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Next year would be the perfect time to replace Stubby with a man who has a true prospective on Coach/QB communication and on the aerial circus which is the post-modern NFL:

One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    That is what scares me. The real fix for this problem is getting rid of stubby.

what's ailing Rodgers is the major topic on all the tv sports talk shows so far this week.