Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
Opinions on Rodgers and the Packers offensive struggles at this point are like anuses -- everybody has one.

One of the Gannett guys indicated that the new plan to beat Rodgers was generally to rush 3 or 4 mostly to contain Rodgers and drop a bunch of guys into coverage. The theory is that it prevents receivers (who already have trouble getting open) from getting open

Bill Barnwell seems firmly in the camp that the structure of the Packers offense is creating Rodgers's problems.

I've even heard the narrative being pushed that Rodgers might have personal issues -- either in his personal life or with something he doesn't like about the offense or some other team-related angst -- that are clouding his mind.

Mike Silver blames Ted.
At the risk of being just another asshole, here's my opinion.

I don't know enough x's and o's to have an opinion about the structure of the offense or Rodger's throwing mechanics. But I do know a top 10 or 20 pass receiver when I see one. Jordy, Cobb, Cook and Adams are our top receivers. Cook is good, but he's no Greg Olsen, or Jimmy Graham or even Martellus Bennett. And as for our WR's, we ain't got a Julio Jones, or a Marvin Jones, or even a Branden Cooks or a Sammie Coates.

Jordy used to be uncoverable. Maybe he will be again...next year. Maybe not. Cobb is a damn good slot receiver, but he's lost a step and has a hard time getting significant separation one-on-one. And Adams is Adams, flashes of really good but mostly avg.

IMO TT needs to get us some top twenty talent, by hook or by draft. I don't care. IMO that's the best way to get Arod out of his slump, or whatever it is.