Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: More Banjo: Week 6 vs Cowboys

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Opinions on Rodgers and the Packers offensive struggles at this point are like anuses -- everybody has one.

One of the Gannett guys indicated that the new plan to beat Rodgers was generally to rush 3 or 4 mostly to contain Rodgers and drop a bunch of guys into coverage. The theory is that it prevents receivers (who already have trouble getting open) from getting open

Bill Barnwell seems firmly in the camp that the structure of the Packers offense is creating Rodgers's problems.

I've even heard the narrative being pushed that Rodgers might have personal issues -- either in his personal life or with something he doesn't like about the offense or some other team-related angst -- that are clouding his mind.

Mike Silver blames Ted.
    At the risk of being just another asshole, here's my opinion.

I don't know enough x's and o's to have an opinion about the structure of the offense or Rodger's throwing mechanics. But I do know a top 10 or 20 pass receiver when I see one. Jordy, Cobb, Cook and Adams are our top receivers. Cook is good, but he's no Greg Olsen, or Jimmy Graham or even Martellus Bennett. And as for our WR's, we ain't got a Julio Jones, or a Marvin Jones, or even a Branden Cooks or a Sammie Coates.

Jordy used to be uncoverable. Maybe he will be again...next year. Maybe not. Cobb is a damn good slot receiver, but he's lost a step and has a hard time getting significant separation one-on-one. And Adams is Adams, flashes of really good but mostly avg.

IMO TT needs to get us some top twenty talent, by hook or by draft. I don't care. IMO that's the best way to get Arod out of his slump, or whatever it is.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    McGinn must have been watching the same game I was.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Opinions on Rodgers and the Packers offensive struggles at this point are like anuses -- everybody has one.

One of the Gannett guys indicated that the new plan to beat Rodgers was generally to rush 3 or 4 mostly to contain Rodgers and drop a bunch of guys into coverage. The theory is that it prevents receivers (who already have trouble getting open) from getting open

Bill Barnwell seems firmly in the camp that the structure of the Packers offense is creating Rodgers's problems.

I've even heard the narrative being pushed that Rodgers might have personal issues -- either in his personal life or with something he doesn't like about the offense or some other team-related angst -- that are clouding his mind.

Mike Silver blames Ted.
    It was the plan late in the game, but with the lead and the clock on the Cowboys side.

Zimmer still went rushing with 4 and a spy on Rodgers.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I think Rodgers is seeing ghosts out there. He can still get away from the rush like no one else, but that dude had all year to throw against the Cowboys...and nothing. Talk all you want about the receivers not getting open, but not too long ago we were all crowing about how Rodgers could throw a ball that was in the narrowest of windows - only his receiver could get it! He could fit it into a space the size of a basketball!

He looks afraid to do that now. He's lost confidence - it's getting to be a 'thing' now. That's why it worked well in the first half against Detroit - he was throwing on rhythm, so he didn't have time to think. Now he's starting to aim the ball and now he's afraid to try to fit it in.

It's all going to hell, and it's all in his head.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I think Rodgers is seeing ghosts out there. He can still get away from the rush like no one else, but that dude had all year to throw against the Cowboys...and nothing. Talk all you want about the receivers not getting open, but not too long ago we were all crowing about how Rodgers could throw a ball that was in the narrowest of windows - only his receiver could get it! He could fit it into a space the size of a basketball!

He looks afraid to do that now. He's lost confidence - it's getting to be a 'thing' now. That's why it worked well in the first half against Detroit - he was throwing on rhythm, so he didn't have time to think. Now he's starting to aim the ball and now he's afraid to try to fit it in.

I was at that shit show of a game and can attest there were several plays where receivers were open by a good margin and Rodgers never realized it. Doesn't appear he's scanning field consistently, going through progressions. Not sure what the problem is but he doesn't resemble the QB we were accustomed to, that's for damn sure.

Hopefully he'll transition this year and this coming offseason into the older, quick trigger QB that has allowed Brady and Peyton so much success.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Everyone has their opinion on Rodgers, I read an article on ESPN that was saying it all revolved around technique and fundamentals. Most of their Insider stuff is GARBAGE, but this was actually insightful.
    Go PACK

Yoko ono.

Yeah, Garbage.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I still think Rodgers did not look that good last night. Not like the Rodgers we've watched for a long time. He's still not fitting the ball into tight spaces; furthermore, he's missing open guys - often while throwing, unnecessarily, off his back foot.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I still think Rodgers did not look that good last night. Not like the Rodgers we've watched for a long time. He's still not fitting the ball into tight spaces; furthermore, he's missing open guys - often while throwing, unnecessarily, off his back foot.
    I thought last night was a vast improvement in terms of accuracy vs earlier in the year. He had a couple tight window throws to Adams, two TDs that Cobb dropped that were both pinpoint.

Yes, he still has a ways to go, but the quick passes seemed to help focus his throwing.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.