Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 6 vs Cowboys

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    If the Packers had their three top corners and Aaron could play close to his former level, they would have handled the Cowboys just fine.

When Gunter and Goodson are your shutdown corners along with a QB who couldn't win a carnival game, the entire team suffers.
    Add to that a slew of stupid turnovers, an impaired running game, a game plan that wasn't and a sky-high Cowboy team that wanted it more than the dispirited Packers, and you've got a wipeout.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

When your top 3 Cb's are out, the guy making 20 million per needs to put the team on his back. It ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Turnovers will kill ya.
    Turnovers and missed open receivers deep.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

This game is proof that completion percentage isn't the whole problem.

Still an issue with red zone, getting open short and deep passing.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

As Joe said:

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1h1 hour ago
    Damarious Randall (groin), Davante Adams (being evaluated for a concussion) and Bryan Bulaga (back) were #Packers' three injuries today.

Randall is going to be out a while.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

I'm not sure getting open short is a problem. Getting the ball out quick to the short routes is a problem. I think the longer Arod has to throw the worse he becomes. He and Stubby have always been greedy, favoring the deep pass, big play. The longer Arod has the more he looks for that big play. The problem is either the deep WR either can't separate enough, or Arod can't be accurate enough. In short, this offense doesn't know what it wants to be and as a result isn't much of anything.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 11m11 minutes ago
    #Packers OLBs Datone Jones and Julius Peppers said they did not see any new wrinkles from the #Cowboys running game. Simply got beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    When your top 3 Cb's are out, the guy making 20 million per needs to put the team on his back. It ain't happening.
    Agreed, and what about the 13 million per year guy? That Matthews guy, did he play? I saw his commercial, he's the best apparently. Maybe he should help out those backup CBs by getting to the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I'm not sure getting open short is a problem. Getting the ball out quick to the short routes is a problem. I think the longer Arod has to throw the worse he becomes. He and Stubby have always been greedy, favoring the deep pass, big play. The longer Arod has the more he looks for that big play. The problem is either the deep WR either can't separate enough, or Arod can't be accurate enough. In short, this offense doesn't know what it wants to be and as a result isn't much of anything.
    I should clarify. They can run certain routes to get people open quickly, but that isn't McCarthy's preferred no-huddle offense. To his credit he has done more of this, but its been a long climb.

My comment was more that other than Monty, they do not have receivers who excel at beating man quickly and getting open right away.

Agree its often not Rodgers first look.
    Last edited by pbmax; 10-16-2016 at 08:27 PM.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 19m19 minutes ago
    #Packers OLB Clay Matthews: "They pretty much had their way with us, and for whatever reason we didn’t make the plays we needed to."

Alex Gelhar ‏@AlexGelhar 24m24 minutes ago
    Per #NextGenStats Ty Montgomery lined up in the backfield on 22 of 33 snaps, with 6 catches and 52 yards out of that position. (4-46 at WR).

AND THIS ALIGNMENT MEANS MONTY ISN'T AVAILABLE TO RUN WR ROUTES

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 41s42 seconds ago
    How about trying hypnosis to try to cure what ails Rodgers.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 19m19 minutes ago
    #Packers OLB Clay Matthews: "They pretty much had their way with us, and for whatever reason we didn’t make the plays we needed to."

Alex Gelhar ‏@AlexGelhar 24m24 minutes ago
    Per #NextGenStats Ty Montgomery lined up in the backfield on 22 of 33 snaps, with 6 catches and 52 yards out of that position. (4-46 at WR).

AND THIS ALIGNMENT MEANS MONTY ISN'T AVAILABLE TO RUN WR ROUTES

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 41s42 seconds ago
    How about trying hypnosis to try to cure what ails Rodgers.
    He also lost a fumble.

Buddy �� ‏@TacoBellGawd 3h3 hours ago
    Dak hadn't thrown an INT all year, until...

Could Brett have given dak any sloppier of a bro job? Awkward. Fuck you Brett. They're the enemy today!

I think the yelling about completion percentage has to do with Rodgers' accuracy in general. While he was able to make a lot of shorter throws today, we all still witnessed his accuracy remains a huge issue on any pass more than 10 yards downfield. He simply has to hit open receivers that are running free 20-30 yards downfield. It happened 3 or 4 times today, and he missed every single one...and none of them were particularly close.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Davante Adams ‏@tae15adams 54m54 minutes ago
    Appreciate all the prayers. Ill be alright. We'll be alright #GsUp

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I think the yelling about completion percentage has to do with Rodgers' accuracy in general. While he was able to make a lot of shorter throws today, we all still witnessed his accuracy remains a huge issue on any pass more than 10 yards downfield. He simply has to hit open receivers that are running free 20-30 yards downfield. It happened 3 or 4 times today, and he missed every single one...and none of them were particularly close.
    He missed two touchdowns by about a foot total deep. Not sure the issue itself is huge but it does have a huge impact.

All the apocalyptic takes seem overdone for Week 6 (Game 5). Long season yet.

McCarthy has already been changing the offense. Players need to catchup.

All the apocalyptic takes seem overdone for Week 6 (Game 5). Long season yet.
    I'm sure not seeing much to hang my hat on. We are losing CBs left and right. We don't have a healthy RB on the roster. We don't have a WR on the roster who can get more than 2 feet of separation from a defender. Our QB just thought it was a great idea to try to run it in himself from 2 yards out...he's lost that much confidence in his arm and receivers.

It sure looks like it will be a long season...that much I can agree on.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    As Joe said:

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1h1 hour ago
    Damarious Randall (groin), Davante Adams (being evaluated for a concussion) and Bryan Bulaga (back) were #Packers' three injuries today.

Randall is going to be out a while.
    Why the fuck is it taking forever for Shields to return from a headache? Randalls and Gunter fuckin' suck. Pretty sure there's a free agent vet somewhere on this planet who does not suck as much as those two suckers.

Do your fuckin' job, Polar Bear!!! Sign Cromartie!

Adams, not a big loss. It's Janis time. Unfortunately, the Great Arm of Butte suddenly can't throw bombs anymore.

Bulaga, the guy's always been injury-prone, so ain't a surprise he's hurt again. Sucks, though. He was playing well.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Just finished the game. Here are my thoughts.

The obvious:
    A Rodgers is playing at an average level for a QB in the NFL--not average for him, average for a QB

Except for Cobb last week and Montgomery this week, where are the WRs? I get that it often takes two years for a player to come back from an ACL so Jordy gets a conditional pass, but at his age, there's no guarantee he will get back at all

Less obvious
    It sucks to play defense down your top 3 corners. After leading the league and/or always having excellent pass defenders who were good at intercepting the ball, this year's version is sorely lacking that ability which makes losing the corners that much worse. I knew I was spoiled with Nick Collins and Woodson and Tramontana on the team at the same time, but the new guys--while ultimately reliable--aren't ballhawks. And with Hayward leaving, there are none on the team.

I don't know what to think right now. I don't hate the Cowboys as much as I used to, but I'm slowly falling off the TT/Rodgers bandwagon. Where is the stud ballplayer who digs out plays? The best player on the field today wasn't Rodgers, Matthews, Perry, Peppers, Daniels, Jordy, Cobb, Lacy (who also gets a pass due to the ankle), or HHCD. It was Montgomery. I keep waiting for someone to become the next stud, but it ain't happening this year.

Makes me think about the side effect of drafting so many lineman in the first round. Bulaga, Sherrod, Harrell, Clark, etc, etc, etc. A line like the Cowboys have can win games...but only if you have the skill positions to make it work. The Packers have a good line on both sides (I think) without factoring in Clark and Spriggs, but we need some skill position studs badly.

And how on earth are the Packers this injured again? 3 CBs, 1.5 RB, 1 TE, 1 OL, 1 WR, etc, etc, etc.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.