View Poll Results: AT THIS POINT..WHAT WOULD YOU DO AT THE END OF THE YEAR ???

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • DUMP THE GM

2 6.67%
  • DUMP THE HEAD COACH

7 23.33%
  • DUMP BOTH OF THEM

13 43.33%
  • KEEP THEM BOTH

8 26.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TAKE A STAND...OCT 18th....IF YOU WERE IN CHARGE AT YEAR END....I WOULD

Both. We need new blood. Neither is the guru many claim they are.

Fat mike is far from an offensive guru, an he's managed to break a HOF an. Plus is offense is just way to stale and unimaginative.

Tat for all the love he gets, still misses big on most of his picks, and when you only build a team through the draft, you have to hit and damn near every pick. He takes too damn long to fill major needs. And I would say that most of his picks are only still in the NFL or starting because of his ad version to free agency

Give the keys to the kid and let him bring in his own coach, maybe one that can undo to a rod what fat mike did

My personal opinion is to blow it up and start over again. I'd get rid of the GM and the coach. I find the parallels between T.T. and Ron Wolf to be kind of interesting:

Wolf -G.M. for about 10 years. Got his franchise and Hall of Fame Q.B. early in his tenure and ended up winning 1 SB.

T.T. - G.M. for, (I think this is his 11th year??) Got his franchise/potential Hall of Fame Q.B. early in his tenure and has 1 S.B. victory.

I understand that's it's harder than hell to win a SB and you need a lot of luck along the way with avoiding injuries, a few bounces to go your way, playing your best at the right time. etc.. A lot of people talk about the league being so, "Q.B. driven" and that you need a superior Q.B. in order to win but I personally don't believe this at all. Recently teams having been winning the S.B. with superior defenses and adequate to good offenses. I'm just not a fan of and don't believe you can win it all with poor D and a video game offense. If Q.B. play is as much of a driving force as some people say than I would suggest it's been a failure on the part of both Wolf and T.T. to, "only" win 2 Super Bowls with 25 straight years of having Hall of Fame caliber Q.B.'s. (I'll leave the Sherman/Rhoades era out of the equation because that was a total clusterfuk.)

Again...what in the hell do I know and I sure as heck don't claim to have all the answers so this is just my personal opinion. I feel that minor tweaks here and there aren't getting it done any longer and it's time for a major shakeup again. I'm personally ready to see a team that's built on a stronger D because I believe it will always keep you in the game and give you a better chance to win. Seems like someone always figures out a way to stop video game offenses and the likelihood of having your O have a bad game at the wrong time is greater than a superior D having a bad game or getting completely blown up. T.T. has spent a lot of high draft picks and resources on the D trying to make it better but so far I don't think the return on the investment has been very good. I agree with some people who believe that Rodgers playing at an all world level for several years covered up a lot of warts and shortcomings on this team.

I also agree that it's highly possible for T.T. or Stubby to go on to do well somewhere else. Neither one is close to being the, "worst" at what they do and they've both had proven success. I just feel that it's time for a big change.
    Last edited by SMBASS; 10-19-2016 at 05:55 PM.

Been awhile...

I'd say keep both. BUT...

I'd get another quality RB and CB asap.

And put in Janis, Davis and Abby much more than Adams for speed. Get faster passes and throw off tendency. This 3rd and 1 -'d BB it shit has got to stop

McCarthy is a good coach but 11 years is a long time for a loaf of bread. The bad news is, he really is good and his replacement is likely to do worse, not better, than he is doing now.

Dump them both. It aint working.

Oh yeah, trade Error Rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    And put in Janis, Davis and Abby much more than Adams for speed. Get faster passes and throw off tendency. This 3rd and 1 -'d BB it shit has got to stop
    Would you still put Janis in after last night?

Where was the choice to trade Aaron Rodgers and start over with Hundley?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Really? We are talking Arod trades? lol
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Really? We are talking Arod trades? lol
    If he plays just average for yet another season, why not? Then again if he goes to another team he will probably be good again as he would have better coaching.