Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lacy out for weeks?!

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Lacy to ir would be devastating

If the Packers lose to the Bears tonight, it will have turned into a complete show.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Rotoworld:

ESPN reports Eddie Lacy is back close to the "255 to 265 pounds" he played at last season.
    Lacy has looked "husky" the last several weeks, but he was still performing very well on the field before going down with an ankle injury. Perhaps the ankle issue can be attributed to his weight, but the extra pounds certainly were not affecting his play on the field. Even so, Lacy's inability to stay in shape and healthy likely means the Packers will let him test the free-agent waters next spring.
    Source: ESPN
    Oct 20 - 10:27 AM
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Probably deciding who to release or who to place on IR to make room for him on the roster.
    if tt goes into this game without a backup rb (jackson), WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS THE OFFENSE, it amounts to pure negligence.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    if tt goes into this game without a backup rb (jackson), WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS THE OFFENSE, it amounts to pure negligence.
    Latest word is that Jackson will NOT be activated. Monty will get the RB snaps. Should be an interesting evening.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Lacy undergoing surgery...placed on ir!

Aerodynamic Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Latest word is that Jackson will NOT be activated. Monty will get the RB snaps. Should be an interesting evening.
    Jackson was activated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    Lacy undergoing surgery...placed on ir!
    Christ, somebody, somewhere, tell me something good.

Ugh.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Good Lord, tell me about it. F'n nightmare!

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

Modern advances in plastic surgery mean that big tits are everywhere.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Rotoworld:

Packers placed RB Eddie Lacy (ankle surgery) on injured reserve.
    Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Packers don't yet know if Lacy's operation is season-ending, or if he'll be able to return in eight weeks. NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Lacy has "more than an ankle sprain." It's a brutal loss for a team with zero backfield depth. Despite continued weight issues, Lacy was averaging 5.07 yards per carry. With James Starks (knee surgery) out 3-4 more weeks, the Packers are moving forward with a "backfield" of WR Ty Montgomery, Don Jackson and Knile Davis. Randall Cobb could also see carries. Often banged up and typically out of shape, there's a chance contract-year Lacy has played his last down for the Packers.
    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Oct 20 - 1:10 PM

I'm for starting over at RB. Lacy has been impressive in most games this year, but I don't see a long career with Big Eddie.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Of course he will be. You only have to have 6 or 7 inactive a game and we have something like 11 that won't play.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Airin' Rodgers View Post
    Jackson was activated.
    Thank you, it had to happen. We are only going to be able to dress around 44 players tonight.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Thank you, it had to happen.
    smh...now i don't mind seeing Montgomery coming out of backfield for a pass but i don't want to see him actually try to run the ball up the gut. leave that for the RUNNING BACKS MIKE! plays are too important to waste...especially for this offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I'm for starting over at RB. Lacy has been impressive in most games this year, but I don't see a long career with Big Eddie.
    Which would be a shame. When Rodgers was out with his collarbone break, Lacy carried the Packers. It was refreshing to have one of the top RBs in the league, and certainly the best since Ahman Green.

Not looking forward to another RB drought. And no, I don't consider Ryan Grant to be in Lacy's tier. He was fast, but he disappeared a lot too.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Which would be a shame. When Rodgers was out with his collarbone break, Lacy carried the Packers. It was refreshing to have one of the top RBs in the league, and certainly the best since Ahman Green.

Not looking forward to another RB drought. And no, I don't consider Ryan Grant to be in Lacy's tier. He was fast, but he disappeared a lot too.
    Do you trust Eddie to be The Man in coming years? I don't. He can be part of a rotation, but they need to pay another player who can compete to be #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Do you trust Eddie to be The Man in coming years? I don't. He can be part of a rotation, but they need to pay another player who can compete to be #1.
    That part I agree with.

I just don't want to let him walk and have James Starkses starting back there.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

there was just a guy on nfln saying the whole offseason weight loss was complete BS and that lacy never got below 250, and didn't get within 10 or 15 pounds of the target weight the team set for him

on behalf of myself and PB i would like to take this time to say "WE FUCKING TOLD YOU SO!!". we didn't buy into the horse shit the team had their mouthpieces spreading all over the media. we used our eyes since back in preseason to see that the guy was still a fat slob
    Last edited by red; 10-20-2016 at 03:25 PM.

I thought the report was that he was now back to his pre-weight loss weight. If what you say is true I don't see how the Packers could sign him this year. Damn shame too. Bell was a bigger back coming out of msu and while he has had his struggles in other areas he has improved his physique since college.
    Go PACK