Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 7 vs Bears

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    Yeah, I too have given up on Janis but not sure its due to his head, he scored a 30 on the wonderlic. Maybe ADHD?
    Maybe he's just not a very good WR?

Janis = Schroeder v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Janis = Schroeder v2.0
    Schroeder averaged 45 receptions and 687 yards per season in 5 years with Packers.

I would be elated if Janis could come even close to that. Schroeder was nothing but average and Janis is worse.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Schroeder averaged 45 receptions and 687 yards per season in 5 years with Packers.

I would be elated if Janis could come even close to that. Schroeder was nothing but average and Janis is worse.
    So more like Schroeder v0.25

more like .025

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    Yeah, I too have given up on Janis but not sure its due to his head, he scored a 30 on the wonderlic. Maybe ADHD?
    No, you can be smart but not game aware in a sport.

Janis has likely always physically dominated his opponents and so the small bits of gamesmanship and chiseling an edge outside the rules are lost on him.

So if you negate the physical edge, he doesn't know how to compete. Like Larry Bird knowing how to shoot lights out but unable to draw a foul on contact after a head and shoulder fake.

Just leaves him in a hole. He might be smart enough to be too stubborn to learn the lesson.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

He has been a puzzle to me. I think with Nick Perry you could see that the guy, while frustrating to watch, was learning but always hurt. Always banged up. I mean, yes, it's a bit of a surprise that he's healthy and putting it all together - apparently he's got more than a bull rush now - but on the whole, you could see the guy's story was one of injury as much as anything. I still think, myself, that maybe Sherrod would've been the same story had he not wrecked his leg or knee or whatever it was.

But Janis - wow, he's still making the same mistakes he made two years ago. And the ole blocks are inexplicable - he's a big guy. He may be the classic looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane guy. It may be that this is simply who he is. A great ST player who can hang around the NFL for awhile, but a guy whose best route is the Hail Mary. If the Packers cut him, he'll get picked up in a heartbeat by some team, and some coach who knows that he's the one who can unlock all those skills.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Yeah Fritz, you got it.

The guy is still green, in his 3rd year.

His route tree looks like a flag pole.

The deep slant and the Hail Mary, that's about it.

You'd think he'd pick up something from osmosis.

He's had years of practice, mini and regular camp, film study & he still doesn't know the basics, let alone any tricks.

I saw a scouting report on him post draft. it said the reason he went to a smaller program was none of the big schools thought he'd catch on to their program 'til his senior season, if that. He's super slow learner and a mistake repeater, that guy.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Yeah Fritz, you got it.

He's had years of practice, mini and regular camp, film study & he still doesn't know the basics, let alone any tricks.

I saw a scouting report on him post draft. it said the reason he went to a smaller program was none of the big schools thought he'd catch on to their program 'til his senior season, if that. He's super slow learner and a mistake repeater, that guy.
    Very good information I wasn't aware of. Great post.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    What's with the hate for my dawg, J-Jan, the hippest lad outta Detriot since Em?

Janis is a diamond in the rough, and diamonds don't form overnight. Dude ain't Greg Jennings when it comes to running routes, but he knows how to get open. Rodgers just gotta throw Janis the rock, especially when Janis is a-flyin'.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

This just hit the wire today, but not sure if its referencing Cowboys or Bears game.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Yeah Fritz, you got it.

So he needs some time and opportunities. Adams has had more chances by far than Janis, yet they keep him around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    So he needs some time and opportunities. Adams has had more chances by far than Janis, yet they keep him around.
    He can't do it in practice either. Its kinda a problem.

Adams routinely is praised for the work he does in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Maybe he's just not a very good WR?
    How many years did the Vikings wait for Patterson to come around, seems like they have been working with him for years, he looked pretty good today, maybe we need to have the same patience with Janis.

I'd like to see MM go back to multiple packages, multiple personnel groupings, all of that. Make the defense adjust. Our guys aren't beating their guys one-on-one, and having Nelson back has not changed that. So why not go back to the days of using your depth? The Packers do have some of that.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by deake View Post
    How many years did the Vikings wait for Patterson to come around, seems like they have been working with him for years, he looked pretty good today, maybe we need to have the same patience with Janis.
    They are one year apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I'd like to see MM go back to multiple packages, multiple personnel groupings, all of that. Make the defense adjust. Our guys aren't beating their guys one-on-one, and having Nelson back has not changed that. So why not go back to the days of using your depth? The Packers do have some of that.
    They have the last two games.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Didn't seem like it against Dallas. More like that against the Gints. Come on, Mikey! Packages! Sub-packages! Personnel groupings! Mix-and-match! Shuffle!

KYPack

Lucy's injury hurt the substitutions versus the Giants. Saw the backups versus Bears but formations remained the same.

Quote Originally Posted by deake View Post
    Zimmerman was threatening to cut Patterson in camp this year. Maybe that lit a fire. Patterson was a first rounder who is a very good KR.