No one except Monty (and Adams if his guy is playing off) in the WR corp is beating press coverage decisively. The defenders are RARELY wrong footed or confused. Compare that to the Packer DBs, even before injuries.

That is because they KNOW what routes are being run because there are maybe four per receiver total, and maybe two per any personnel group, because it rarely varies and they almost never get forced off the press due to crossing routes or mesh points. I think I saw five instances of tight combo routes in 75 plays (one for a TD that should have been easier).

How many times was that rookie DB in Cobb's hip pocket on throws inside? There is no hesitation on their part.

So could Rodgers be more accurate? Yes. But why make all but five throws that difficult? Might that make you QB skittish, waiting for something to break MORE wide open and lead to more dropped balls from challenged receivers? Why make a difficult game MORE difficult?

See how all of this connects to the design of the stupid play? Think of the advantage the defense is giving you. EVERY team is playing man under. You know that going in. You can design an offense to abuse that choice for an entire half and scare teams into choosing something else. But no, let's bang our head against the wall of fundamentals.

I actually thought for two weeks he was going back to multiple personnel groups, but except for Monty in a new spot, the differing personnel were still all running isolation routes. There were a couple of receiver stacks, but the routes never collided.

A healthy Nelson makes this easier. But why rely on having an All-Pro as part of the design of the offense?